Follow by Email

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

What I miss the most about you - Memory layout


This is a double page layout I did for my son Adam, after he was killed by a drugged driver, while Adam was on his way home from college.

The jouranling on the first page reads:
What I miss the most about you........
The smile on your face, as you were never afraid to let your happiness show.
The sight of you and your sister together, she still misses you so.
The helping hand you offered without ever being asked.
That you never complained even when your needs were met last.
The red hair on your head, and freckles that covered your face.
The man that was slowing taking over my little boy's place.
The way you thought of others first, yourself the least.
Your place at the table for every holiday feast.
How proud you looked as you went to your first prom,
But mostly the sound of your voice as you said the word mom.....
Second page journaling reads:
You left a hole in my heart that time will never heal
I love you still... Mom

Frugal Tip - The heart embellishment was from a necklace I had that I thought fit this page and my feelings perfectly, so I sewed it in place.
 Love Penny
Pin It!

3 comments:

Groovy Deborah said...

Penny what a horribly tragedy. Your son is very handsome and I love the journaling. I can tell you are a proud mother. By the way you described him I know he must be sitting with our Father in Heaven. God bless you and your family!!!
Deb♥

Becky said...

Hello Penny,
I came across your page as I was searching for inspiration for my sons' memorial board. He also died suddenly, on August 1st. He would have been 30 this Thursday and I have had it in my mind that I want to finish this board by his birthday. The more I worked on it, the more I realized that 11 weeks probably wasn't enough time to wait to take on this project...

The frame of the board is what I was looking for ideas for, I have a poem on it and was looking for something on the other side to balance it.

Enter your poem. Hearing him say "mom"...definitely the top of all the many many things I miss.

I pray you are healing. I don't know how long its been for you, but its been 11 weeks and 2 days for me. 12 missed Sunday dinners. And I reckon someday, I will stop counting.

Thank you for your beautiful poem.
~Becky

Penny said...

Thank you Becky for your kind words. I would like to tell you it get's easier but it does not. My Adam has been gone now since 1999, he was 20. I still miss him EVERYDAY! Love Penny