Follow by Email

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Scrapbooking Sports - Baseball

Journaling reads:
Matthew age 4, and ready for his 1st time at bat!  His helmet was bigger than he was, and he could barely lift the bat, but he would go out and give it his all every time at bat!  These are the good times in our lives.  I'd like to say he was a star playe out on the field also, but sadly he would often bring tiny cars with him and play with them during his time in the outfield! It drove me, and the coach crazy.  Yes, I know short drive....

This layout uses Scrappin Sports background paper, the glove, and ball is really a note pad, (Frugal Tip) and I'm sure it's not acid free, but I loved it so on the page it went.  I'm daring like that.....  I had to back the note pad with another sheet of white paper, because it was so thin you could see through it, but I still think it works great.  

I hand sewed the tan stitching, not very straight I'm afraid, next time I think I'd better use a ruler, and mark the stiches out a little more evenly.  I also used a McGill punch to make the stars, I love this punch, it's so pretty, it's hard to see on here but it has a lace center.  The beige stars inside of it are brads, the ribbon underneath it is Offray.

The title was pre-made I think by MME, or perhaps another company, but I added the buttons and cricut die cut.. The bat sticker I think came from Karen Foster, along with the tiny license plate. Hope you enjoy scrapping your own little scrapper!   Love Penny



Pin It!

13 comments:

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

Great layering on this page, Penny, and the baseball is such a cute spot for the journaling!

Stephanie said...

Great job on the stitching and I love the layout!

Kim Sonksen said...

You are on a roll!
Thanks so much for joining us at SYC

Connie Mercer said...

This brings back memories!! enjoy these days they are gone to quick~love what you did here perefct !!!

Dana Tatar {datatar} said...

I love this page Penny! The ball journaling spot is such a great idea and I love the stitching! Thanks for playing along at Scrap Your Crap!

Martine said...

very cool! perfect sports page!! love the hand stitching! it's great that you're so motivated to use up your stash! thanks for playing at SYC!

Patricia said...

Oh, how fun...love what you did with this page!

norine said...

I love to see old stash used up!! WTG!! Love what you've put together here!! Thanks for playing with us at SYC!!

Renee Zieglmeier said...

Wonderful page! I love your creativity with using the notepad. I love when folks stitch on layouts, it adds so much more pizazz! Thanks for joining us over at Scrap Your Crap Challenge Blog!

Lisa Dorsey said...

So very sweet! You are so right, these are definitely days to be cherished! Wonderful layout!

Pamela said...

This is fabulous!!!! And my stitching is not straight all the time. :)

Linda Beeson said...

I sure like this. I was at a grandsons basketball game today so I need to do some pages for that!

Nitasha said...

Love the colors and great photo of your little boy playing ball! Thanks so much for playing along with us at SYC!