Follow by Email

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Scrappin Sports - Football Touchdown
A double page football layout of my grandson's team. The tiny skull's, and cross bones came out of a foam pack of Halloween decorations that I saved just for these pages.  The small yellow jeweled brads are not really brads at all, but are instead clothing rhinestones with a crimped backing.  They worked perfectly on this paper however. 
Page 2
Frugal Scrapbooking Tip:
The Pirate skeleton  at the top of this "Touchdown" page is really a cupcake holder. I knew I was going to be scrapping these photos so when I found these I knew they would be perfect.  The flag banner at the bottom is made from a painted wood art that I purchased already painted. (I love those time saving items) 

The rick rack was just some scraps I had laying around, but they went well with the layout so on they went! I hand sewed the buttons in place as I can never really trust the glue when buttons are concerned.

The jouranling reads:
It's not a secret who Granny thinks is the most valuable player on this team it's Matthew #62.  This was the 2010 5, and 6 year old team.  Matthew's 1st year and they remained undefeated. 

Pin It!

18 comments:

Lynn said...

oooo Penny I love the collagey fun feel. Way to rock the 2 pager!!!

Mary Jo Rhoda said...

Great multi-photo two pager!!!
Love how you used the cupcake holder as an embellishment :)

Sue Althouse said...

Lovely multi-photo page! Brings back good memories. Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment, much appreciated!

Connie Mercer said...

wow another great page!!! love the double LO!!!

Jingle said...

Cute!

Pamela said...

Fun!! Great layout!!! :)

Lisa said...

Great double LO. Your title and banners are really neat.

Patricia said...

I cannot believe you are a grandmother! You are amazing to be doing these layouts. Love that you used the cupcake topper for his page too!

Sue @ Cakeballs, cookies and more said...

so cute, love how you used something totally not scrappy and made it your own, cupcake stuff I will have to look out for now.

scrappymo! said...

Great layout...great title.

Stephanie said...

Fun layouts--I love how you're able to incorporate the pirate stuff into football pages, too. Nice!

Michele's Scrapy Creations said...

awesome cupcake holder for the layout! I do that too looking for anything that i can include in scrapbook. my bf rolls his eye everytime i do this. lol

Heidi said...

Wow, what a great 2 pager! Good photos too.

Tammy said...

Love how many photos you got on this 2-pager! Love the pirates too! :)

Mary Pat Siehl said...

very cute page!!! love the photos

Tracy said...

Such a sweet layout.

Diane said...

Love all your football layouts. Very nicely done!

Izzyb said...

A cupcake holder? Now that's an original scrapbook item! Great pics and pages.