Follow by Email

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

My Mind's Eye - New Smile
I've always loved their papers, and this photo was a perfect match for their "Kaleidoscope" collection that I have had hoarded up for several years.  Yes, I freely admit I use their papers VERY sparingly due to my extreme love for them!

The hand written journaling reads:
"While playing in the sprinklers Matthew found out he had a "New Smile".
We had to use the theme "New" in this challenge. I had a LOT of trouble giving up some of my prized Kaleidoscope papers, AND my beloved brads, even though I loved the results! (Yes, I have a brad addiction also....I seriously doubt that I have EVER made a layout that didn't include brads..... Note to self: Get on a "brad" DT before I go broke buying them...)

The plastic bubbles were from a button pack for bathing along with the word "splash". The flower leaves in this layout were hand cut by me out of some textured materials that I recycled.  I loved them as they are translucent, and yet have a lined texture.

My printer is on the outs so I had to hand write the journaling, but I HATE my handwriting. UGH! The border banner is also made from Kaleidoscope papers, using the "A" and the "B" side.  I used a circle punch and then cut the circles in half which made for a perfect scalloped border! Yah me it seems I do have some brain cells left after all.....

Supplies for this layout include:
Pattern paper - My Mind's Eye Kaleidoscope
Love To Swim - KS1063
On The Shore - KS3072
Cardstock - DCWV
Brads - Recollections
Pearl Stud - unknown (top right corner)
Splash and water spots - I believe they are from a button pack that was for "bath time"
Chipboard - New Smile - unknown
Flower - Elements
Ink - Studio G pads
Prima flowers
Letter Stickers - Makin Memories
Green flower leaves were cut from the backside of a special heat tape, the green part is what you would have discarded.
Sketch is by Anam Stubbington

For more of my layout's using My Mind's Eye papers check out these past posts:  (I still haven't figured out why I am not on their staff, other than my talent, or lack thereof! LOL :) Happy Scrappin! Love Penny
I also like these two sites:
http://www.scrapyourcrap.blogspot.com/
http://www.eyeletoutlet.com/
Pretty Little Girl a layout from the idea book, Mother Goose Scrapbooking Idea book; http://scrap-aholic.blogspot.com/2011/12/this-layout-was-published-in-idea-book.html
Window Up Above: a layout seen in Legacy Magazine:http://scrap-aholic.blogspot.com/2012/01/window-up-above-this-is-my-layout.html
My Memories Playful and Fun: `http://scrap-aholic.blogspot.com/2012/01/my-memories-playful-and-fun-another.html
Grandmother layout http://scrap-aholic.blogspot.com/2011/12/this-is-layout-i-did-of-my-grandmother.html
Pin It!

12 comments:

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

Awww, he's a cutie! These are the perfect papers and colors for this photo! I love the brads around the circles!

Melissa Elsner said...

What a fun photo! Great job with the challenge. Love the use of circles on this layout too.

Lynn said...

What a precious smile and I've always loved MME as well. THose papers are perfect and the design just rocks!

Debby said...

What a cutie. Great choice of paper and awesome design.

Martine said...

great LO! so vibrant and fresh! love the circles with the brads! thanks for playing along with SYC!

Dana Tatar {datatar} said...

I love your layout Penny! The photo is fabulous and I love the design! Thanks for playing along at Scrap Your Crap!

jennaroo said...

SO DARN CUTE!!!! Thanks for playing along with us at SYC!

Kim Sonksen said...

This is so cute - and I love me some MME!!!
Thanks for playing with us at SYC

Bellaidea said...

Very cute project!and..thank you:)

Meredith MacRitchie said...

Hi!! Thank you so much for bringing my link name over at MME to my attention!! I didn't even think...

I love this photo on your layout, it's awesome and perfect for your page!

Renee said...

Great shot! Love the scallops and circles, MME is my fave! Thanks for joining our challenge at SYC!

norine said...

Great take on the sketch and AWEsome photo! Love your layout!! Thanks for playing with us at SYC!!