Follow by Email

Monday, January 30, 2012

 A Pirates life for me...Karen Foster 
Yep, another Pirate's football layout! I figured since I had all the stuff out I might as well design more football pages (I'm lazy like that) as it seem's I have taken a ton of football photos.  The skull, and cross bones were already printed on this paper.  I just sewed around them to highlight them a little, and then I added brads in the eye area.  

Frugal Scrapbooking Tip:
The metal scrolls were supposed to be Christmas tree ornament holders.  I used them because of the way they curled like waves.  The skull brad in the lower left photo is really from a Halloween themed pack.  Next I added some Karen Foster stickers, and sewed on some buttons.  (My BF just wishes I'd sew his lost buttons back onto his shirts so let's not mention this to him, OK?) 

I added Matthew's name to the photo with the Kodak Picture Maker.  I love that machine! This year Matthew's jersey number was 12.

The jouraling reads: 
Matthew's football team play's the Bridgeport Tigers.  Pirates remain undefeated! 2011.  (Actually his "Pirate" football team has remained undefeated 3 years in a row! GO BOYS!)

Now back to your regularly scheduled program! LOL Happy Scrappin Love Penny


Pin It!

12 comments:

Connie Mercer said...

keep working and you will have an awesome album full of sport LO's. Fantastic work!!!

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

This is full of creative ideas, Penny! Good for you for thinking outside of the box and using the ornament hooks as swirls!

WillieburgScrapper said...

Hi Penny!
Thanks for swinging by my log! These Pirate and sports pages are so different from what I usually tackle (no pun intended) since I have a toddler girl. I really do hope the next baby is a boy so I get to have his much fun- great work- love your photos and the detail in your pages.

Stephanie said...

Really cool idea on the ornament hooks. Cute layouts!

Tracy said...

I really like the colours on your layout.
Wow, impressed that your sewed around the skull that turned out awesome.

Sandie said...

VERY creative layout, Penny!! Love it. I haven't done any sports layouts for my son yet. I can't seem to get motivated to do them. I think I need to get at it! You seem to have no problem with them at all. I just looked at all of the 2peas challenges, and printed them out. Have you done any?

scrappymo! said...

Nice, bright, colourful layout!

Mary Pat Siehl said...

what a fun layout!

Steph said...

Adorable layout! Love the embellishments.

Martine said...

cool! love the pirate theme and embellies!

Dana Tatar {datatar} said...

Great sports page Penny! I love the metal swirls, so creative! Thanks for playing along at Scrap Your Crap!

wb_melody said...

This is such a fun layout!