Follow by Email

Thursday, January 12, 2012

CSI challenge case file #1

This is a brand new color/scrapbooking challenge site: Called CSI
http://csicolorstoriesinspiration.ning.com/forum/categories/csi-case-files/listForCategory
This was case file #1, from the above site, and what it required me to use, as part of the first challenge:

This is a layout I did using all of those elements, it was a layout of my daughter's home in the 2003 flood. 
Her porch is actually 4 ft off the ground, so the flood waters stopped just short of getting inside her home, although it ruined many items in the garage.  I included clock, teapot, all the required colors, hand stamped background (skulls)  keys, bow, tag, journaling, safety pin, rhyme, as far as I know pretty much everything the challenge required. Part of the journaling reads:  Water, Water everywhere but not a drop to drink!
Frugal Tip - The skull accents I made from a stamped image to match the skull ribbon.  The cross was from a man's pocket cross, meant to be carried for protection.  The buttons, safety pin, and rick rack came from my sewing room. The plastic cabin piece in the top middle was just a flea market find, and the smaller green flowers were from my bead collection!
Till next time, stay safe, and  Happy Scrappin! Love Penny
Pin It!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Wow! That is a lot of water...I am so sorry! I she is doing well now! Nice layout documenting an important time!