Follow by Email

Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Buttons - Mother's or Father's day card
This is a matching card I made for my mom for Mother's Day.  I started with the large button, and then found assorted styles of paper, and ribbon to match the stripes on the button. The largest blue stripe section is actually sewing binding, and not a "ribbon" at all. I used "Brilliance' ink pads to add ink to the  homemade flower.  This was the first time I have ever tried to make a flower like this and I think the hardest part was trying to get it to stick together in a  round circle.  I finally used several glue dots. The photo makes it look slightly "pink" but it is in fact bright white.  The button moved slightly during photoing it, as the stripes of the button are supposed to line up with the stripes of the ribbon.  It was later corrected.  I could have retaken the photo, but I think it helps other scrappers to know that these things can happen to someone else. Love Penny
Pin It!

2 comments:

Pamela said...

Love it! Great card! :)

Regina Castillo said...

Lovely take! :)