Follow by Email

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Altered spoon pot for my mom's kitchen

I found this pot at a thrift store for about $.50, can't remember what color it was to begin with but I painted the whole thing gold, then blue, then applied  Daisy D's paper on it. After I papered it I added gold distressing to the highlighted areas!  Since my mom collects roosters, she loved it! She could have used this for a plant also, but she chose her kitchen spoons. 
Love Penny Happy Scrapping! 

If you have become a new member to my blog PLEASE leave me a link so I can follow you back, otherwise I can't find you! Love Penny


Pin It!

15 comments:

Sylvia said...

Beautiful, Penny! Love it when something old becomes something 'new' and precious that will be used again :)
great job!
Sylvia

Pam said...

Great job! Now I want to find something to alter! Thanks for sharing!

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

I love the blue and gold combo! Such a great idea, Penny! You are so good a repurposing found items!

Margie H said...

Turned out beautiful! Your mom will be thrilled to receive this :)

Heidi said...

Love it! I like all the distressing

Fuzzy Slippers said...

Oh this is beautiful! Love the roosters and the colors- luscious! Just became a new follower. :)

Erica said...

Thats a great idea!

soapHOUSEmama said...

that is so cool!!!

scrappymo! said...

Great idea Penny! Wonderful job on this..Bet you Mom was so pleased!

Laura said...

this is just beautiful...
hugs..Laura

Suzanne said...

It's great! Don't you just love making something out of something so inexpensive?!

Sandi said...

This is amazing!!! What a great idea!

Tracy said...

This is pretty, perfect for your rooster lovin' mom ;)

Mary Jo Rhoda said...

Penny - that is amazing!!! :)

sutty said...

Beautiful I bet she loves it :)