Follow by Email

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Basic Grey - David

I did this layout for the Basic Grey challenge here: http://blog.basicgrey.com/?p=2136  The Challenge was to use 1 large photo, with 1 large title.  This layout is of my oldest brother David, he died several years ago, with pancreatic cancer.
  The journaling reads:
David my oldest brother, kind, caring, funny but not so good he didn't have his faults.  I'd overlook them all to have him back again.  Love your sis Penny.
Supplies for this layout include:

  • Basic Grey - Motifica - Clay  MOT - 062 
  • DCWV cardstock in - Brown, blue, tiny scrap of red (this was placed behind the punched out heart on the bottom of the journal block.
  • Fabric cut to look like ribbon (Frugal Tip)
  • Homemade label cutout - I had to handcut this myself, I don't have a die cut in this shape.
  • Button studs
  • Hand cut and punch cut hearts
  • Brown heart paper - unknown, I've had it forever
  • Punched out arrows
  • Brads (I don't think I can make a layout that doesn't have brads on it)
  • Chipboard letters
  • Martha Stewart gems
  • Fabric roses - Unknown
Pin It!

7 comments:

soapHOUSEmama said...

oh, that is so sweet! what a gorgeous LO and tribute to your brother.

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

What a wonderful tribute page, Penny! Hugs to you!

Patricia said...

What a beautiful layout in honor of your brother. Can't imagine how difficult it was to lose him. You did an amazing job scrapping him!

Karen said...

What a wonderful tribute. I have an older brother and can't imagine how devastated I would be to lose him. *hugs*

On a trivial note, I still have both BG sublime and motifica in my stash :P

Linda said...

Your layout is a beautiful tribute to your brother.

Connie Mercer said...

Very cool Penny~so manly!!! Looks great!!!

Erica said...

What a great page.