Follow by Email

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Basic Grey - Who Adorable You
This is the layout I made based on this sketch on the Basic Grey site:
http://blog.basicgrey.com/?p=1959

The journaling reads:
I took these photos of Madison while we waited for Matthew to finish ball practice.  She carried that "horse" around for months.   We never did tell her it was really a "camel"! What a sweet face!  2008


I used the following supplies for this layout:
Pattern Paper:
Basic Grey - Oh Baby Girl - OBG-442 Sophie
Stickers are also from Basic Grey
Round pattern vellum - these were actually from a wedding invitation kit and were not really round, I just cut them to be that way.
The other sheet of what looks like pattern paper is actually a post card by:
Pratt & Austin - Penny Wise Post cards, I used two post cards and just tore them in half so that I would have enough room for my journaling. (Frugal Tip)
Tim Holtz Ink - Vintage Photo TIM 21056
Assorted brads
Floral Garden silk flowers - 19971 - 1105 (This is just the code for one of them, but I purchased my flowers at Dollar Tree, or Dollar General.(Frugal Tip)
Toner Craft Yarn/Twine - 86244
K & Co Borders
Buttons
Photo turn
yellow thread

To make this layout I first inked the K & Co. borders and then sewed the yarn/twine through the holes of the border.  To make this process easier, I glued the tips of the yarn/twine so that it didn't unravel during the sewing process. Then I glued the vellum in place making sure that no glue would show after I placed my photos on the vellum.
Next I inked and glued the two postcards together and placed them on the layout.
Then I glued in place my photos, and then glued in place the sewed borders, but I added brads just to make sure they stayed in place.
Frugal Tip -To make the words out of yarn/twine I used a plastic bag from a sticker sheet and worked and glued the yarn/twine into the letter shapes.  After getting them close to what I wanted I then started gluing them to the layout.  Then I added the flowers and stickers.  It's not clearly visible in this layout but here is a small vellum banner under the top flowers. I then sewed the buttons in place, and the cross stitch pattern on top of the left hand side of the postcard.
Pin It!

7 comments:

Becky said...

Love how you did the title and those pictures are adorable!

scrappymo! said...

Penny...that layout is so nice.
Love the twine words!
All the flowers look great...I have a soft spot for flowers on a layout.

Suzanne said...

Great layout, Penny! I love the way you did the title with the baker's twine. Such a sweet little girl, also!

soapHOUSEmama said...

so great - LOVE the twine title!!!

Mary Pat Siehl said...

what a beautiful page! I have always loved this line from basic grey and your photos are adorable!!

penny you are so sweet! i am glad you enjoy my blog and thanks for thinking of me with the award!! i love visting you as well!
-mp

Izzyb said...

Oh, I love how you made your title out of twine. Beautiful work and so creative!

Busygirl said...

It's ingenious to blue the twine to a plastic before gluing it to the page! I wish I saw this earlier. Doodlebug has twine alphas and I bought a bunch haha!

Oh I saw your comment on my blog. Really appreciate it! I noticed that you signed as scrap-aholic@blogspot.com

It should be scrap-aholic.blogspot.com

Otherwise people won't be able to find your site! Not sure if it was just a typo, but you typed it twice so thought I should let you know. :)