Follow by Email

Monday, February 06, 2012

Frugal Scrapbooking  - Celebrate Loving You


Okay first of all yeah, I KNOW, someone should have called the embellishment police and stopped me about midway through this layout! LOL Some of the placement of goodies on here would have been different but I was trying to keep the "feather" design on the pattern paper visible. Having said that my mom is happy with it so that's all that counts!
The jouranling reads:
"Mom's purse always matched her outfits, even if it was just a trip to the corner store.  She loves fashion! 2009 "
The reason I went ahead and posted this layout, is because I wanted to show all the different items you can use on a layout.  Here's a list of unusual items just off of this one:

Earrings:
The blue ring around the button on the top left is actually an earring.  So is the green rectangle on the top right.

Shoe Decoration:
The metal/ black scroll piece (I chose it because it reminded me of the peacock feather) is really a removable shoe decoration.

Peacock Feather:
This is a real feather, that I have had for YEARS waiting to use, now I just have to find a way to use the other 6, and I chose it for this layout because of the colors and the "feather" design on the pattern paper.

Applique clothing patch:
This is the small white heart on the "celebrate" arrow.

Cloth Rick Rack:
Both the tiny black rick rack on the tag, and the larger rick rack on the "Celebrate" arrow were from my sewing supplies.

Buttons:
Also from my sewing supplies.

Men's shirt snaps:
These are the black circle embellishments that are located on the brown stripe, and the maroon circle.

Bow, and flower rosette:
Both of these items were from my sewing goodies.

Bobbi Pin:
It's located near the top of the photo on the right, and the jewels were already on it.

Flower lace:
This is located on the left side of the photo.  This is also from my sewing stash, there is no telling how long I have had this tiny piece, and just this little scrap was all I had of it.

Well that's all for this layout, but you can bet, I'll be adding more unexpected goodies to another layout soon! I've been doing this for years, and it's a great adventure trying to find new goodies, that you wouldn't expect to see on a layout. Love  Penny


Pin It!

15 comments:

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

I think your embellishment choices are really creative, Penny! I would never have thought to use some odds and ends, like a bobby pin, on my pages. Thanks for the ideas! :)

Mary Pat Siehl said...

how fun!!!!

Diana Fisher said...

I am grinning from ear to ear about the "embellishment police." Too fun!

Heidi said...

Very creative!!

Suzanne said...

Great use of odds and ends. Love it!

Sue @ Cakeballs, cookies and more said...

I love embellies, so I think it's great.

Mary Jo Rhoda said...

Really fun mix of embellishments, Penny!! :)

Danielle said...

Very festive layout! Love the peacock feather!

Lisa said...

Creative layout

soapHOUSEmama said...

very fun :)

Sandie said...

LOL Embellishment police? LOL I think they were probably too busy at my house, to come to yours. LOL That's so funny. Delightful layout. And you're right. If Mom likes it? It's perfect.

Erica said...

Embellishment police - I love it. Great layout and I love the feather.

Margie H said...

Well, let's just say this page is NOT DULL~! LOL!! Definitely screams FUN and brings a smile to this scrapper's face :)

Pam said...

LOL! The embellishment police needs to come and arrest me, too! I love this layout! Very creative! And I especially love your journaling about your mom being a fashionista! Speaking of that, the fashion police would have me under arrest, too. lol!

Tracy said...

Great ways to use unexpected items on your layouts :)
My grandma was very fashionable as well. I remember her nails and hair were always done :)