Follow by Email

Sunday, February 05, 2012

Football
Hopefully my last football layout for a while.  Then it's off to cheer leading. You can't really tell it by looking at this layout but the 8 1/2 x 11 football paper in the back ground was actually really white, and I distressed it with ink, so that it matched the colors of the 12 x 12 papers.  I did the same thing with the punched out quilt blocks in order to tone them down to match these colors.  I added the brads in the quilt block corners, just to give it some added details without adding too much bulk.  
The journaling reads: 
5 & 6 year old Pirate football team.  This was Matthew's game face.  Watching him play football was the best part of my year, and I like to think that he had fun too. 

By the way if this is your first visit here, scroll down further there is something posted besides football I swear! Love Penny
Pin It!

4 comments:

Pam said...

Great layouts! Love your boy's "game-face". :-)

Tracy said...

What great layouts.
I love the colours, some of my favourites.
Excellent job on changing the colours...perfect.

Connie Mercer said...

Glad you are still continueing the football album~it is going to look fabulous!!!!

scrappymo! said...

Another cute one Penny. DH played football when he was a teen. I have a soft spot for football layouts.