Follow by Email

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Frugal Scrapping - Hi Card
As most of you know, I am not a huge card maker, so making these do not come easy to me.  I made the two flowers out of just regular silk flowers, purchased from Dollar General.  I just took them off their plastic stems, and added the brads. Presto new flower at much less the cost of so called scrapbooking flowers.

Before adding the staples I lined up my yarn bow.The large staples I took out of a huge cardboard box, they are normally in heavy duty boxes and are a breeze to remove.  I straightened them out and just punched them through my card and then bent the staples back over with my scrapping hammer..

I used tag and circle punches, and inked the edges of those, and the outside of the card. Then torn paper, and inked it.  Next I stamped the "HI" on the circles and then I'm all done. Happy Scrapping!  Love Penny
Pin It!

10 comments:

soapHOUSEmama said...

Very fun!!! I am so not a card maker either! You did great :)

GabyCreates.com said...

Great card and just love your bed of roses layout!!
Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog ``your newest follower ~Gaby

Lisa said...

For not being a card maker, you did an amazing job!! I love the paper and the flower is gorgeous!!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!! I'm happy to be your newest follower :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Lori Apgar said...

Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog today!! Your card is pretty ~ I, too, prefer layouts to cards!! Your Bed of Roses layout is gorgeous!!!

WillieburgScrapper said...

Hi Penny! Thank you for visiting my blog. I really like the clips in your card- makes for a great rock and roll look.

*Monica B* said...

so cute! I like the inked edges.

Karen said...

I'm not much of a card maker either- I think you did great! And I love that it is frugal and upcycling :)

Arlette said...

Hi! Found you while I was browsing TwoPeas and thought I'd swing by and add to your list of followers (Yippee, I'm number 60). I've enjoyed browsing your blog and seeing your layouts. I especially love the cross eyed layout with all of the googly eyes on it. Take care. Aloha!

Erica said...

Pretty card. Whoever gets that is lucky.

Tracy said...

Cute card.
You look like a card maker to me :)