Follow by Email

Sunday, February 19, 2012

My Mind's Eye - You bug me! 


The photo of this layout is not the greatest, it was raining here today and I had to use my flash, sorry. 
This layout was based on a sketch from the My Mind's Eye blog http://mymindseye.typepad.com/blog/2012/02/blog-challenge-32-layout.html
The sketch only called for 2 photos but I wanted to use 3, so I had to make some minor changes to the layout.
Journaling reads:
Tennessee Aquarium 2008
This was James at the butterfly garden. Mom, Allen, and myself tried all day to get a butterfly to land on us.  We had no luck.  James however had them all over him, it bugged us!
This layout used the following supplies:
Paper:
My Mind's Eye - "Sunny Days" Stripe / Orange Paper KS3112 (orange scallops, and the green strip at the bottom of the page)
My Mind's Eye - "Brave" - Dots/Blue Paper KS3048
Reminisce Phasealogy - Rub-on (title, and bugs)
Sketch # 32 Anam Stubbington My Mind's Eye Challenge
Assorted brads
Butterfly stickers - Unknown
K & Co. Border strip  - Butterfly border
I hate my handwriting but my printer is on the outs, but you can bet you will not see my handwriting once it's fixed!  No matter what the sentimental value, I think it ruins the layout if your handwriting is as bad as mine is.  This is how the little bug in the middle of my jouranling occurred.  I was in a hurry and wrote garden with a "M" on the end of it instead of a "N", so I had to cover it up with the bug!

Pin It!

19 comments:

soapHOUSEmama said...

Love the title! That is so funny about the bug covering a letter - lol! I actually love the look of handwriting on a LO and I think yours looks great!!!

Mary Pat Siehl said...

adorable layout and i just love the title--too fun

Suzanne said...

What a fun and colorful layout! I think we all dislike our handwriting. :) Great save with the bug. LOL!

Heidi said...

Great layout. I like the title.

Debby said...

nice elements and your handwriting is good. you want to see bad handwriting you should check mine out. lol

Danielle said...

Very fun layout! Good way to cover up an error with the bug sticker.

Lisa Dorsey said...

Oh my girls would love that aquarium! Great bright, fun layout!

Connie Mercer said...

hi Penny~ love the Lo and what a cool thing to scrapbook. I love that kinda of stuff too. Great page!!!!:):)

Sylvia said...

Oh Penny, this is SO cool... love the bright and cheerful colors! The pictures you used on your LO are just great! Adorable page!
Sylvia xx

Staci said...

Beautiful pics! TFS. :-)

Ursula Schneider said...

Fun captures Penny. Those darned butterflies just weren't cooperating with you were they! Fun layout all the same!

Amy said...

Lovely!! I think your handwriting looks great!

Diane said...

I love butterfly gardens. I love all the different butterflies and bugs you used on the page.

Tracy said...

Sweet layout.
I guess James just smells sweet, teehee.

Djhs said...

Sweet layout. love the bug to cover up the boo boo!! I hate my handwriting too--

Lainie said...

Gorgeous photos Penny.

Anita Scroggins said...

Penny, no matter how bad your handwriting is, I would encourage you to journal with a pen anyway. My grandmother was the joy of my life. I was her caregiver for the last 10 years of her life before she passed away in 2010. When I was cleaning out her house, in a drawer in the kitchen, I found a pile of recipes ~ written in Gussie's own hand. They were all on little bits of crap paper, backs of envelopes, whatever she had to hand. Gussie (which is what I always called her) had horrible handwriting ~ it was little better than chicken scratch. Really. It took practice to be able to read it. Of all the things she ever gave me, and all the things I took out of her house ~ those little scraps of paper were like treasured gold to me. I cherish every one of them - I will never give them up. You never know who will be reading what you right, or what it will mean to THEM. How it LOOKS is not important.

Anita Scroggins said...

ok - that was supposed to say SCRAP paper :o(

Debi said...

Very pretty with all the butterfly embellishments. And I like your title although technically I don't think butterflies are classified as bugs (that's the scientific analysis of my son)...