Follow by Email

Wednesday, March 07, 2012

Adore - Acrostic Challenge 
I created this layout for an Acrostic Challenge
An Acrostic layout that features a word going down the page, and then use the first letter of that word to start new journaling words with.

The layout features my boyfriend's mother, and her granddaughter. I just loved the way she was looking at her grandmother in this photo!  You could tell she adored her grandmother!

Since I made the layout for my boyfriend I used the word "Mom" instead of grandmother.  I also gave her granddaughter a copy of this photo that she now treasures as her grandmother has since passed away
.
I also entered this layout in this challenge on this site,  Love my Tapes the challenge there was to use lace.

My Acrostic word choice was :"Adore".
My journaling reads:
A: Always loved you, no matter what you did!
D: Devoted to family and friends.
O: Openly loving, and quick with her hugs, and kisses.
R: Ready to help out with anything you needed.
E: Enjoyed her life even when it became difficult for her to live.

The paper used on this layout is some of my old Basic Grey stash that I break out for my favorite photos. I also used tiny alphabet tags for my Acrostic word. The cameo was a flea market find, and I hand cut the black banner at the top of the page. Have fun creating your own Heritage memories!

The supplies used on this layout are:

Pattern Paper - Basic Grey - Sublime Collection Confused ACS - 055
Cardstock - DCWV - Light Tan, and two small pieces of black
Tag Alphabet Stickers - Sticko SP - RSN - 12 Rebecca Sower
Cameo - Flea Market find
Punches
Oval - McGill
Photo Corners - Martha Stewart
Rick Rack - Trim tex - G1-114
Lace - Flea Market find
Assorted Brads - Some were from Recollections
Silk Flower - Creations Elements - WMF503027 Floral w/pearl 2x red
(I added the leaves behind the flower and I also inked those leaves - unknown.)
Ribbon Bow - Offray - (I added the bead strand behind it, beads unknown)
Ink Pads:
Studio G - WM - 0027
Tim Holtz - Vintage Photo - TIM - 19527
Word sticker - Basic Grey
Zots Glue Dots
Gel Pen - Pilot NEO 07
Love Penny Happy Scrapping!


Pin It!

15 comments:

Mary Pat Siehl said...

great job penny--too cute

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

Such a sweet page, Penny!

Jingle said...

This is very sweet!

Becky said...

So pretty! I love that lace trim!

Tanya Ham said...

Very nice :)

soapHOUSEmama said...

so sweet!

Mary Jo Rhoda said...

Your layout is fabulous, Penny!
Such a great challenge and I love what you did with it :)

Sue Althouse said...

Sweet photo and a lovely page!

Giovana said...

Beautiful page! Thanks so much for joining us at Love My Tape.

Erica said...

This is sweet.

Busygirl said...

What a great idea! I'm not big on challenges but I think I'll do this one.

angie gutshall said...

Very Sweet

K Andrew said...

Hi there--thank you so much for following my blog. I'm returning the favor. Looking forward to being bloggie friends.

Big Cricky Hugs,
K Andrew
See My Stamps

Tracy said...

Great layout. Love that photo :)

Make Do and Mend It Girl said...

hi, first time to your blog! this scrapbook page is beautiful, your journalling is stunning! x