It's a photo of Sequita, and the kids. The small gingham tab on the right hides a pull out journaling block, which reads:
"Sequita, Matthew and Madison, such a happy young family in 2006. Thank goodness for photos because time flies when they are so little. I love you always Granny."
This is the first time I have sewed on a layout for a LONG time and I was scared to death that I would mess up the paper, after all it was MME, which is some of my all time favorite paper, and MME for a contest!
This is also the first time I did rolled flowers. I found that the end of my exacto knife worked really great for rolling the flowers, but I highly recommend taking the blade out before trying this. I used an old one that didn't have a blade in it. I also rolled these on a thin carpet (think oriental) instead of a hard desk, so I'm not sure how that played into the final product. Happy Scrapping! Love Penny
This layout was also entered on this site: Just keep on Creating, and it was also chosen to be published in the online E magazine Scrap N Art!
- Pattern Paper - MME -Happy Dots #KS3064 Kaleidoscope
- Title Block - MME - Sweetest Thing - #KS3118 Kaleidoscope
- Cardstock - DCWV - Blue, white , and red
- Ribbon - Recollections
- Twine - Stephen Lawrence - Metallic Cord 552
- McGill Perfect Petals
- Buttercup - 84005L
- Floriano 84002L
- 1 5/8 Flower
- Fancy Square - 92092 & 92093
- Marvy Uchida - Oval Scallop
- X-cut Round Scallop
- Martha Stewart - flower
- Bling dots - Martha Stewart
- Therm o web - glue dots
- Brads - Recollections and unknown (Gingham brad)
- Letter stickers - Unknown
- Sketch was by Anam Stubbington