Follow by Email

Sunday, March 25, 2012

My Mind's Eye - I love you

This layout is for the My Mind's Eye Challenge located here MME Challenge.
It's a photo of Sequita, and the kids.  The small gingham tab on the right hides a pull out journaling block, which reads:
"Sequita, Matthew and Madison, such a happy young family in 2006.  Thank goodness for photos because time flies when they are so little.  I love you always Granny."
This is the first time I have sewed on a layout for a LONG time and I was scared to death that I would mess up the paper, after all it was MME, which is some of my all time favorite paper, and MME for a contest! 
This is also the first time I did rolled flowers.  I found that the end of my exacto knife worked really great for rolling the flowers, but I highly recommend taking the blade out before trying this.  I used an old one that didn't have a blade in it. I also rolled these on a thin carpet (think oriental) instead of a hard desk, so I'm not sure how that played into the final product.  Happy Scrapping! Love Penny
This layout was also entered on this site: Just keep on Creating, and it was also chosen to be published in the online E magazine Scrap N Art! 

Supplies for this layout include:

  • Pattern Paper - MME -Happy Dots #KS3064 Kaleidoscope
  • Title Block - MME - Sweetest Thing - #KS3118 Kaleidoscope 
  • Cardstock - DCWV - Blue, white , and red
  • Ribbon - Recollections
  • Twine - Stephen Lawrence - Metallic Cord 552
  • Punches
  • McGill Perfect Petals
  • Buttercup - 84005L
  • Floriano 84002L
  • 1 5/8 Flower
  • Fancy Square - 92092 & 92093
  • Marvy Uchida - Oval Scallop
  • X-cut Round Scallop
  • Martha Stewart - flower
  • Bling dots - Martha Stewart
  • Therm o web - glue dots
  • Brads - Recollections and unknown (Gingham brad)
  • Letter stickers - Unknown
  • Sketch was by  Anam Stubbington
Pin It!

19 comments:

soapHOUSEmama said...

This turned out great! I love all the colors and the flowers! Good luck with the challenge :)

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

This is so pretty, Penny! Thanks for the tip on the flowers and good luck with the contest. :)

Patricia said...

What a sweet page! Love those colors!

Linda Beeson said...

Your flowers are so pretty and what a great color combo

Tracy said...

Great job! I love the colors.

Becky said...

This is so cute - LOVE those colors!

Tracy said...

Such a sweet layout.
I like the pull out journal.
My daughter Kristy isn't taking a cake decorating class. It is a class where they pick a place to work/train for something they want to do in the future and they get 2 high school credits for it.
she is at Safeway in the bakery and loves it.

norma g said...

love the color combo, great layout!

suzARTe said...

hi Penny,

this LO is really bright and happy and beautifully done, I love the photo as well. It's great that you attempted the sewing which turned out to be a perfect addition to the page and the idea of the hidden journalling is fantastic. This is the first scrapbook LO that is being submitted on the challenge blog, awesome.

Thanks so much for joining in on my first Anything goes challenge at Just keep on creating. I hope you will keep on entering your beautiful work

Gégé said...

Fantastic layout, a line of colour so great!!!
Gégé from France!!!

Mary Pat Siehl said...

what a fun layout! great job!!

Lynn Murphy said...

i love the colors. its so fun and colorful!

Heidi said...

I love those flowers!! Such a bright fun page.

Margie H said...

Great layout - striking colors too! Good luck with the challenge :)

Pat said...

Penny this is fabulous!! Love the colors.

Cliona Larkin said...

This is a beautiful layout and a stunning picture. Your colors are fab.

Lisa Dorsey said...

Oh I love MME too!! Great techniques on here Penny!

Smitha Katti said...

Love those colors u used.... Thanks for stopping by my blog and taking time to leave a comment. That was very sweet of you :)

Ashley Rock said...

love all the flowers, and those colors are so vibrant!