Follow by Email

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

L is for Lazy Days
This is a layout I did a few years ago of my grandfather who we called "Daddy Reed".  This was one of my favorite photos of him, and I loved everything about it from the tips of his ragged, and worn work shoes to his head full of hair. He was a full blooded Cherokee Indian, and had that full head of hair till he died at the age of 92.

The journaling reads:
"Daddy Reed worked hard, but every chance he got this is how we would find him.  In the fresh open air asleep in his favorite chair with his faithful dog beside him. Perfect Day!" 

On this 8 1/2 x 11 layout I kept if simple to keep the focus on him.  I wasn't sure at first if these colors were going to work with this photo, but in the end I'm glad I chose them. I used a punch to punch out the black circle accents, and then added white rub-on's to them. It was a great way to use up all those extra "Z's" that no one can figure out what to do with. LOL 
  Love Penny


Pin It!

6 comments:

Norma G. said...

Great layout!

Heidi said...

What a great photo to scrap! I like the zzzz's.

Esther said...

Fun layout!

soapHOUSEmama said...

so fun!!!!

Izzy Anderson said...

Love this clever use of the zzzzs! Great page I love that pic!

Alyssa said...

Great page, and I LOVE the idea of using up the zzzzzs. LOL.