Follow by Email

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Aflutter

This one shows the hidden jouranling block exposed.

This layout is of my granddaughter Madison, she is always closing her eyes when she smiles! Since this photo was large, and the layout had a lot of embellishments, I added a hidden journal box, behind the photo.  (It's the brown label next to her face.)  I left the journal block empty so that her mother could write her a note on it herself. (Trust me she has plenty of my handwriting!) 

The supplies for this layout include:
Pattern Paper - 
Recollections Glorious Garden - Chelsea Garden 125172 83916-2009-11
Brown heart - unknown, I've had it forever
Yellow polka dot border - Basic Grey
Cardstock - Green & Black - DCWV
Border strips - K & Co. 30614772 SW Nature Icon, the other strip is from K & Co also but I don't have that number. 
Flower Punch - McGill Buttercup petal - P/N 64005L
Heart Punch - Marvy Uchida
Brads - Recollections - round and square
Large Butterfly - This is actually a Christmas tree ornament - Holiday Time - BC Butterfly X10481 
Martha Stewart - Gems
Letter Stickers - Colorbox

For a neat technique I added the square brads in the holes of the light tan border strip.  I hope I have inspired you to create something this week! Happy Scrapping! Love Penny

 
Pin It!

9 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Lovely layout for a gorgeous photo - Madison just looks so happy! I love the colours you've chosen, they are a perfect foil for the photo. Elizabeth x

Norma G. said...

Beautiful layout, I love the hidden journaling :D

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

You created the perfect layout for this sweet photo, Penny. She's adorable!

Patricia said...

AW! Very cute layout!

soapHOUSEmama said...

this is so fabulous! what a sweetie!!!

Sarah Webb said...

Sweet page! Great colours!

Elizabeth Cooper said...

Simply adorable layout, and that photo is beyond cute! :-)

Amy said...

soooooo cute...love that butterfly and sweet face!

Ashley Rock said...

Beautiful!