Follow by Email

Monday, May 21, 2012

Toddler layouts -  Hold onto your Memories - Starting Point 

Today's theme is: Are you Kidding me 
That could mean your own kids, the children of a friend, nieces or nephews, yourself as a child, grandchildren, or how you are still a  "kid at heart".
So for here's my take on that theme today:
This is not a new layout for me, but one that I love.  It is of my grandson Matthew when he was a toddler.  The squares that make up his name in this title were already pre-sewn, as was the tag.  

The top pieces on each side of the word "Always" are really part of an old men's belt that I cut up, and used as accents.  The eyelets were already in the belt, and I just added the knotted cording, then placed them on the torn border. Frugal scrapbooking at it's best! 

A vellum quote, a couple of paper strips, and a MME word tag - Always.  I also rounded all the corners on the photos.  Perfect layout for me, but pales in comparison to the chubby cheeked angel actually in the photo's! 

Next onto our starting point layout for today: Perfection
This started out as a full 12 x 12 sheet of the green paper in the top right hand corner. I then added the 3 - 6 x 6 sections of pattern paper. I have used this technique a lot to help control the huge stash of pattern paper that seems to have grown in my scrapbook room! No, your honor I have no idea how it got there....... 

I used deckle scissors (yes people DO still use these) to cut the middle strip, and used a scallop punch for the small blue square, on the outside of the block. The journaling block unfolds for added journaling space, or additional photos, your choice! I'm so liberal when it comes to scrapbooking!

The lower tag was punched out with a "Whale of a Punch" tag punch.  I then inked the middle strip, journaling block, and tag, with Tim Holtz Vintage Photo Distress Ink, then added the bling! Every layout needs a little bling! The title strip was from K & Co. 

This layout would be perfect for a vacation page, or pool photos. Happy Scrapping Love Penny  

For more punch ideas check out this link: Punch tips  P.S. Here's a great book by a dear friend of mine: 
Dying For Redemption
You can get a copy here: Dying For Redemption

Pin It!

13 comments:

Kimberly Kett said...

Clever using the men's belt, adorable LO!
I also really like how the green and blue go together in your perfection LO :)

Julia said...

Oh Penny, your layout is beautiful!!! And that starting point layout is fabulous today!!!

hilde janbroers said...

aaahhh those photos are amazing!! great layout

Mary Pat Siehl said...

ok- adorable!!! grat job!!

Mary Jo Rhoda said...

Very pretty starting point!
And great layout!
That theme seems to be popping up for me a lot lately - hold onto the moments. :)

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

You repurpose things so well, Penny! I would never have thought of using a belt! Love the tropical feel of your new starting point too!

Suzanne said...

Great layout and what a cute little guy!

Connie Mercer said...

Super cute Penny!!! Love the blue tones perfect for this adorable picture!!!

Christina Collins said...

How adorable!
I love the sewn squares that make up his name.
Great starting point! Can't wait to see what comes of it. ;)

Blessed Ladybug said...

now that is the cuties little guy.. thanks for sharing....

Lynn Murphy said...

totally adorable. great pages.

Tanya Ham said...

Great job! :)

Alyssa said...

Beautiful layout. Those photos are adorable!