Follow by Email

Monday, May 28, 2012

Let's Go Outside - Starting Point - Simply Perfect
Today's Theme is Let's Go Outside! - Something in nature, camping, playing in the water, or just having fun outside!
This started out as the maroon sheet in the top right hand corner, then I added the other 3 - 6 x 6 patterns. I love how these colors give this layout a masculine feel.  I used Tim Holtz Vintage Photo Distress ink to distress the Prima flowers, tag, and journal box. I also added the brown ribbon and title block. I hand cut the brown strip on top of the journaling block with some fancy scissors, to give it a "rick rack" feel. For those of you who love camping like I do, here's a link to a site with lot's of great camping tips! Camping tips  Some of my favorite images from that site are: (You'll have to excuse some of these photo's as they were copied from a pin board, and are not my own, but I thought they were great ideas!)
Pretty clever -- cheap pillbox becomes travel spice container.
Orange Cinnamon Rolls over a campfire!Cooler Corn!  Completely cover raw corn on the cob with boiling water, close lid, wait at least 30 mins for perfectly cooked corn on the cob!  DO NOT OPEN LID while waiting, it will let the heat out!  Easy!Camping!  Prepare pancake mix as stated on the box.  Then pour all the batter into a large ziploc bag and freeze!  Once you are ready to use it, take it out of the freezer to thaw, snip off a corner of the bag, and you have quick & mess free pancake mix!  It's a great way to use up a few cups of milk before it expires!

Pin It!

1 comment:

soapHOUSEmama said...

another great one!!!