Follow by Email

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Starting point - You are loved
This is not nearly as crooked as it appears in this photo, I'm not sure what happened here.  It started out as the yellow 12 x 12 sheet in the top right.  Then I added the other 3 - 6 x 6 squares of other patterns.  The fold out journaling strip is decorated with punched flowers and mulberry paper, along with butterfly stickers that were also used on the tag.  This layout has really pretty colors on it in real life, and I love the yarn on the tag. On some of these journaling blocks I have decorated both the inside and the outside.  Love Penny Happy Scrapping.

Updated to answer a question:
"Will all of these pages be in one album?"
Yes, all but a few of these pages will be going in one gift album, that I'm giving to a dear friend of mine who does not scrap, as much as I do, although she quilts BEAUTIFULLY. That is why I chose this simple 4 block theme for these pages.  I thought that style would be the easiest for her to actually put her photos on.  Also since I don't know the size of her photo's this style leaves most of the page open to a lot of options, without covering up the page decorations, whether they are 4 x 6, 5 x 7, or for some even an 8 x 10.  It's was a lot harder on me to make these without the photos than it would have been if I had the photos to pull the colors from and what sizes they would end up being. I tried to use colors that I thought she might use for her grand kids and family as that is her most photographed topics, and most of her grandchildren (and she has 9 bless her heart) are under age 8. (Now you know why she doesn't have time to scrap!) Thanks for asking. Love Penny


Pin It!

11 comments:

Julia said...

Very cute layout! I have to ask are you using all of these layouts that are formated the same in one album? Just curious!!

Connie Mercer said...

another great starting point~love the colors!!!

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

I love the idea of the matchbook style journaling. Great idea, Penny!

Mary Pat Siehl said...

great start!! looks good

Izzy Anderson said...

The sentiment here is so sweet. This is a great start!

soapHOUSEmama said...

so sweet!

Lynn Murphy said...

Love your blocking. great colors.

Ashley Rock said...

cute!! love the colors-- great start!

Suzanne said...

Love your layout. Great way to use up some 6x6s!

Penny said...

Hi Julia, thanks for commenting here is the answer to your question:
Updated to answer a question:
"Will all of these pages be in one album?"
Yes, all but a few of these pages will be going in one gift album, that I'm giving to a dear friend of mine who does not scrap. That is why I chose this simple 4 block theme for these pages. I thought that style would be the easiest for her to actually put her photos on. Also since I don't know the size of her photo's this style leaves most of the page open to a lot of options, without covering up the page decorations, whether they are 4 x 6, 5 x 7, or for some even an 8 x 10. It's was a lot harder on me to make these without the photos than it would have been if I had the photos to pull the colors from and what sizes they would end up being. I tried to use colors that I thought she might use for her grand kids and family as that is her most photographed topics, and most of her grandchildren (and she has 9 bless her heart) are under age 8. (Now you know why she doesn't have time to scrap!) Thanks for asking. Love Penny

Debby said...

Your colors combo is great.