Follow by Email

Friday, June 22, 2012

Today I'm featuring a boating layout, to help us cool off!
Matthew Master and Commander, 
on the far side of the Tennessee River!
This 2 page 8 1/2 x 11 layout features my grandson Matthew, my daughter. and my boyfriend Buddy.  Even at this tiny age, Matthew knew he ruled the family, on land, sea, and air!  If the truth was told he, and his sister still run my house although now they are a lot older, and want a lot more! LOL I am such a push over Granny!

Some of the techniques included on this layout are: stickers, torn, and rolled paper, and the use of a movie title as the layout title.  The rolled paper under the top right photo, is really pretty in person, but doesn't show up very well in this photo.(Yeah, I'm afraid you'll have to blame me for that since I'm the designated layout photographer.  Alas, I really am trying to get better at this vital publication, and blog function.

Lately a lot of scrapbooker's have started using less, and less stickers on their layouts.  I, however still have a HUGE, HUGE sticker collection (cough, cough,... hoard) so stickers will still be a featured mainstay on many of my layouts, and let's face it they are easy to use, most are inexpensive, and many are still very decorative! What's not to love about that?

For example on this layout they make a very decorative background for my photos, and unlike a pre-printed background I can chose their placement to match the size, number, and position of my photos! For those of you who still don't want to use stickers on your layouts, take heart they make great card accents! Happy Scrapping! Love Penny

Pin It!

18 comments:

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

These are great boating pages, Penny! I love the soft background on the second page. It goes so well with the photo and the torn waves you created are awesome!

Jean said...

Great layouts! Wonderful inspiratioN!

Mary Pat Siehl said...

what a great 2 pager!

Rachel Minick said...

I love the torn paper resembling water!

Tammy said...

Great summer boating pages! Love the blues and the paper tearing. I think I'd have to agree with you though - my idea of heaven is scrapbooking all day. I'll leave the boating to someone else! Ha. :)

Melissa said...

Awesome work, I love how you've torn the paper to look like waves!

Mary Jo Rhoda said...

Fun boating pages!!! :)

soapHOUSEmama said...

totally fun! love how your pictures shine!

Donna said...

Great LOs! You really captured the feel of these photos. LOVE the waves.

Erica said...

Fun pages!!

Izzy Anderson said...

Great summer pages!!

gale said...

Nice layouts! I love how you did the watery looking waves at the bottom. Too cool. And such cute pics!!

Nirupama said...

Fun layouts. Those waves are so cool :)

Nirupama said...

Fun layouts. Those waves are so cool :)

mish said...

What fun and creative layout! Love the torn papers layered, your little charms and the title!

Sandy said...

These are wonderful pages! I love the way you built the water with torn paper and tucked it in behind the two pictures with the seagull above. Such a great touch! I love the layers on all three pages and the tree paper is perfect for Buddy's layout, however... choosing crafting over boating? Now that's a decision I'm glad I don't have to make.

NC Peach said...

Great pages! I love the tearing, and that little anchor! Very nice!

Groovy Deborah said...

Loving how you made the waves! What a sweet baby! Looks like a great day out on the water :)
Deb♥