Follow by Email

Saturday, June 23, 2012


You Can Dance Anywhere You Want, Even Outside In Your Underpants.
Today, I am featuring a layout, of my granddaughter Madison when she was very small, and loved to play outside in her swimming pants! It didn't matter how many clothes we put on her in a few minutes this is how we would find her! :)

I love the bright summer colors, on this layout.  The quote on the top portion of this page was pre-printed on vellum, and I wanted the bottom portion to match it so I made it from scraps of paper, distress inks, a label maker, and a few flowers. While not a perfect match I think it turned out pretty good.

The large flower in the bottom left hand corner is really a drink coaster!  I added the sprial paper clip on the vellum quote because it reminded me of the flower center, on that coaster. (Yeah I'm matchy, matchy like that)

The jeweled embellishment on the photo is a bobbi pin. Nope they just aren't for hair anymore! LOL  I hand cut the large circle, but I didn't like the ragged edge on it (I never could hand cut a straight line) so I covered it in silk flowers that I bought at Dollar General = Cheap, and brads! I love it when I can use things I already own, or can find locally especially since the closest scrapbook store to my house is over 40 miles one way!

Thanks so much for visiting today, and Happy Scrapping! Love Penny P.S. Don't let them catch you outside in YOUR underpants, at least not while they have a camera handy!
Pin It!

19 comments:

norma g. said...

Love the fun bright colors, great layout!

Donna said...

So sweet! Love that little dance outfit!

soapHOUSEmama said...

so much fun! I love your use of non traditional items!!!

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

OK, how cute is this?!? Such fun colors and one adorable photo! :)

Madeline said...

Cute page! Love the summery colors!

Joy said...

hilarious quote! Love your layout.

scrappymo! said...

Oh, she is so sweet and so is your layout!

Jean said...

OMG how cute!! Love the colors!

Staci said...

Too sweet! Love the flowers!

Connie Mercer said...

super cute, loving all the pink!!!!

Fuzzy Slippers said...

Hee-hee how adorable!

Sherry C said...

OMW... this is the cutest!

Sandy said...

This is darling and such an adorable picture! I love that you picked the dance quote for this layout and your added words fit the look beautifully. I love too, that your circle edge was ragged because the flowers add a great touch to the whole look.

Barbara said...

what a fun layout. I love the summery colours.
I've found you through a post on two peas and am now a follower. Come by and visit me sometime.

Mary Jo Rhoda said...

What a cutie and such nice bright colors!! :)

NC Peach said...

Love the colors and that cute little pic! The circle of flowers was a great touch too!

Lynn Murphy said...

LOL! love the title and the page is fun and colorful.

Tracy said...

Teehee, this layout had me chuckling.
Cute photo and great layout.
Your title is to funny :)

Groovy Deborah said...

O.M.Goodness. So cute!!!
Thanks for participating in the blog hop :)
Deb♥