Follow by Email

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Frugal Card making - The road to a friend's house...
When I made this card, I used a trick I have been using for years! The car photo was actually cut from a small monthly calendar!  Sometimes it can be hard to find good men's images for cards, but you can find GREAT men's images from these small calenders, and this calender only cost me .50. So for .50 I have at least 12 car images. (usually its more than that because you can use the images on the cover and the back of the calender as well) 

I have found these also with images of tractors, boats, travel themes, dogs, cats, flowers etc...  They are probably not acid free but this has no worry for me since it's used on a card, instead of in my scrapbook, and I get the pleasure of not adding to our local landfill, and saving a ton of cash at the same time! Hey that work's for me!

Supplies for this card include:
Maroon and white cardstock
Fisker's border punch
Maroon ribbon
Hello sticker - this is on the inside
Quote sticker on front - this was a "super old" part of my stash, and was supposed to be used as a photo corner sticker, but I cut it where is joined in the corner, and put in it back together in a straight line, and used it that way instead. 

Calendar image - Mine were were purchased at Dollar General for a total of $.50 plus tax. What a great investment, and I didn't have to spend a ton of cash or hours of time trying to color my own stamped images, or spend a bundle on scrapbooking paper!
Until next time Happy Scrapping! Love Penny

Pin It!

15 comments:

Margie H said...

Great card and what a great tip! LOL! Will have to remember that next time :)

P.S. THanks for the birthday wish :)

soapHOUSEmama said...

such a great idea! your card is so fun!

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

Great tip, Penny! A classic car is definitely in order for a masculine card. :)

Connie Mercer said...

love that title frugal card making~It looks great frugal or not:):)

Tammy said...

Great card. Love that tip. You can't beat $0.50 for 12 manly images! :)

Erin Blegen said...

Great card, Penny- love the calendar idea!!
Found you via the Two Peas forums this morning :D,
xErin
http://erinblegen.blogspot.com

sue @ cakeballs, cookies and more said...

now that is just smart, and cute!

Jennifer Grace said...

Love that purple car, and a great tip for getting images for men's cards - thanks! x

Tiffany Davis said...

Wow, I never thought of using calender images. Great tip!

Kimberly Kett said...

What a clever idea! I'm going to have to remember that!

April Derrick said...

Sweet card - love the purple!!

Linda Beeson said...

I love that car, great idea!

laura said...

Great idea...calendars usually have great photos.

Mary Pat Siehl said...

Totally love this thanks for sharing your tip!

Mary Jo Rhoda said...

Great tip, Penny!