Follow by Email

Friday, June 01, 2012

Her Body Never Left the House, but Every Night She Rode the Range

Her body never left the house......
This is not a new layout for me, but it's still one of my favorites.  It features my grandmother, before she passed away. Here she was reading one of her favorite Louis La'mour western books which was her favorite pastime.

I created this layout years ago, but I wanted to add it to my blog in her honor. I could go back, and dress it up some but that's not why I love it.  I love it just because it reminds me of her, and how she made the best of what life had dealt her, and never once complained that I know of! What spirit!

The journaling reads:
"Her body never left the house, but every night she rode the range.  Due to a deteriorating bone disease my grandmother Nancy Henson spent the last 17 years of her life confined to a wheelchair.  Nightly she would escape her crippled body by reading her favorite western books written by Louis La'mour.  She especially loved the rowdy tales of the Sackett family. "

I hope you find something you love about your family members, and get photos of them before it's too late. Love Penny Happy Scrapping.
Pin It!

7 comments:

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

This is so incredibly touching, Penny. You captured your grandmother right in her element and I love the quote you used. Perfect!

soapHOUSEmama said...

Penny, this is so wonderful!!! What a sweet page and tribute!

Krafthead said...

Awe, this is super sweet! I too think the layout is perfect the way it is! What an honor!

Sarah Webb said...

Wonderful!

Fluffy said...

What a beautiful story and a wonderful tribute to your grandmother. Thankyou for sharing Tx

Linda Beeson said...

My dad loved those books too, fun memories.

Erica said...

This is such a great story!