Follow by Email

Saturday, June 02, 2012

Madison - All White Layout Challenge

I had never tried to make an all white layout before, and this one put me to the test! I took this photo of my granddaughter Madison quite some time ago, and I was just waiting on the right layout to use it on. The layout had to be special since in this photo Madison was doing her best "Marilyn Monroe" imitation. This challenge seemed to fit perfectly with this photo so I went forward with the layout process crossing my fingers that I didn't screw it up. LOL


I ended up making almost all of my embellishments for this challenge myself because most of the supposedly "all white" embellishments that I already owned ended up having some other colors on them in tiny amounts.


For the flowers I used mainly McGill punches, a few tiny silk flowers, Versa Mark ink, and glitter with an assortment of brads, and sequins to hold them in place.  


To give this layout added texture I used mulberry paper, and various edged scissors on an assortment of paper strips. The bows on this layout were pre-made by Wilton. (Thank goodness because by then I was getting tired of making embellishments.)



I first hand drew, and cut out the dress. Then I used folded torn strips of paper to give the dress a ruffled effect. Next I tucked in bits, and pieces of lace, and then added the sequins, and brads. Not perfect by any means but my old Home Economics teacher would tell you it's the best piece of clothing I ever made! LOL

I also added a piece of vellum which I had stamped flower images on with white ink. I wasn't prepared for the hardest part of this challenge however, which ended up being trying to take a photo of an all white layout! After several failed attempts I finally had to take it outside to get a decent shot, and even then the name portion of the layout which was made up with bling didn't quite show up as well as I wished it would have.  

Good luck on your own, "White" layout! I think I may try another one as soon as my punches cool down! LOL Happy Scrapping, Love Penny

Supplies:
Flower punches - McGill
Ink - Versa Mark, and Studio G
Glitter - Studio G
Sequins - Unknown, flea market find
Brads - Recollections, and assorted.
Scissors - Fiskars
Wilton - bows, and leaves. 
Small scraps of assorted lace.
Mulberry paper
Title -  Mambi
Vellum - Unknown
Stamps - Still looking for MFG. name on these.
Pin It!

15 comments:

Fuzzy Slippers said...

Oh my gosh this is so darling!!!!

Connie Mercer said...

so cute penny!!! Great LO!!!!

Blessed Ladybug said...

very nice thanks for sharing.. great work//....she is so adorable...

Patricia said...

Very pretty Penny!

Linda Beeson said...

I need to try something that monochromatic, great look, so girly!

soapHOUSEmama said...

Penny - this is FANTASTIC! I love the dress you did and using Wilton supplies was super smart! Great job!

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

This is so darling, Penny! I am blown away by the dress you created. Wow! This is awesome!

Izzy Anderson said...

Adorable. LOVE the dress! Super cute.

Tracy said...

Oh Penny this layout is stunning.
This photo is priceless and is perfect for your all white layout.
Just gorgeous.

Diane said...

Love the pleats, and I'm impressed you drew it yourself.

Christina Freeburn said...

I love this layout, especially the dress.

Maya said...

So cute! Love all the texture! Thanks for playing along with Scrap It Girl!

Becky B. said...

What a pretty layout! I love the ruffled skirt that you made for the paper dress, and the detail work on your layout is fabulous! Thanks for entering Scrap-It-Girl's June Punch Challenge. :)

Scrap It Girl, Kimberly said...

Great layout.. love all the white.. thanks for joining us over at Scrap It Girl.. hope to see you again~

Rina Gonzales said...

Thank you for entering the Scrap It Girl "Use Your Punches" Design Challenge. LOVE the punched flowers!!! For more crafty inspiration follow my FB Page: www.facebook.com/mothershipscrapbookgal
xoxo, Rina Gonzales, Scrap It Girl Design Team Member