Follow by Email

Thursday, September 06, 2012


2011 1st Year, Geneva, Nothing Prepared Me For Your Smile, Daddy

This is a layout featuring my great niece Geneva, and her daddy John! (Yes I know she's adorable, and her dad ain't to shabby either!) I wasn't exactly sure what age she was when this was taken, so I just added the year to the layout instead.  You will see her featured here more often, according to her mother, who tells me I am not showing her off nearly enough! (See Angel I told you I was listening!)

Special techniques - I liked the tags on this layout, but I wanted to add some texture to the end of the scalloped area's on the tags, so I used two different sizes of hole punches, and punched holes above each scallop shape in all the tags. I liked the way the looked after that!

The red border around the photo was added with the Kodak Picture Maker. Gotta love that machine!

This layout was my attempt at layering, and you'll notice I said attempt, I'm still not sure that this is where my true talent lies, but hey I'm trying! :) I just have to keep visiting Lisa's blog she does it beautifully, and I'm hoping some of her amazing talent will rub off on me, eventually..........sigh.....

Supplies for this layout include:
Pattern Paper - Basic Grey - Blush- BLU-644 Eternity
Quote- Quick Quotes- 2119 Nothing Prepared Me -

Daisy D's
Nesting Frames - #52
Vintage Tags- #53
Heirloom Frames Rub-ons
Layering Flowers - 15271

Punches:
Martha Stewart - "Love" word
All Night Media - Flower
Marvy Uchida - Small circle
Daisy flower punch - unknown

Blue and yellow cardstock - DCWV
K & Co. Tiny Tag
Offray Ribbon
Fiskers Deckle Scissors
Recollections - Brads
Hole punch
7 Gypsies - Metal clip
Pilot Gel Pen
Zot's Glue dots
Elmer's glue stick

Have a Scrappy Day! Love Penny


Pin It!

4 comments:

Mary Pat Siehl said...

what a great layout and i love the photo

Ashley Rock said...

Adorable picture and layout!

soapHOUSEmama said...

This is so great! I think you did the layering beautifully :) So great to see you posting too!!!

gale said...

aww what a sweet picture!! Love the layout-very cute.