Follow by Email

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

July Photo Challenge- Blue and green
This is my photo for a recent photo challenge at Two Peas General Photography forum .  The challenge was to show various shades of blue, and green. Yeah I know you thought the challenge was to show "how not to weed a flower garden" fooled ya!  If that was the case I would have been the winner hands down, but alas this was a different challenge!

This photo was taken of my flower garden right at dusk.  I love how the light made all the green leaves look blue, but still kept the yellow of the flowers intact! I'd like to be able to say I did this intentionally BUT that wouldn't quite be the truth!  The real truth behind this photo is the challenge was almost over, and I had to run out nearly at dusk, and quickly snap a photo if I wanted to play along! Yes, I know I am SO organized!

I'd like to report that I won, but someone actually had a better photo, and probably better planning skills, so maybe next time! I did learn however what a photo at nearly dusk looks like, so all was not lost!

As a side note these flowers were grown from seed that my dear neighbor gave me, and they have continued to come back year after year, despite their oblivious neglect!  Gotta love that!
 Happy Scrapping! Love Penny
Pin It!

9 comments:

Julia said...

Beautiful photo!!!

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

So pretty, Penny! The deer eat all of my flowers. LOL!

Mary Pat Siehl said...

super photo

Connie Mercer said...

Beautiful pic!!!

laura said...

Beautiful picture. I love to take photos to document my landscaping. they make beautiful layouts too.

~Melissa~ said...

Pretty!

Madeline said...

Gorgeous!

Melissa said...

Amazing pic!

soapHOUSEmama said...

WOW penny, that is gorgeous!