Follow by Email

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Shoot for the Moon card 

For this simple little card I used the Fiskars Celestial corner punch, it has a punch for a star, moon, and sun. I used both the star, and moon corners. I will however give you a tip about this punch, line it up, and use this punch upside down. This will make it a LOT easier to properly line up the correct corner positions, and guaranteed to save your sanity. (I was already a lost cause, but it may save you!) I fought it for a while before figuring this out, and then it worked beautifully. 

Since I used brads on the front of this card, I covered the inside of the card with another sheet of paper, to cover the brad backs. I think this gives the card a much cleaner appearance on the inside, and makes it look like you know what you are doing...LOL 

The vellum quote reads:
Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land in the stars" by Les Brown, and I think it worked beautifully with the punches.

Supplies:
Fiskars Celestial corner punch
black and yellow cardstock
Vellum quote - unknown
black brads
Happy Scrapping! Love Penny
Pin It!

8 comments:

Julia said...

Super cute card today!!!

Mary Pat Siehl said...

what a great card

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

Hi Penny! I've always loved this saying. I love how you carried the theme of the quote into the corners of the card and used such a striking color combo too!

Lynn Murphy said...

Very cute Penny, and I love that quote.

Jennifer Grace said...

What a cute card, I love the sentiment! x

scrappymo! said...

What a great sentiment. We all need to remember that!

Connie Mercer said...

super cute penny{hey where have you been ~missed you}:):)

soapHOUSEmama said...

super great card! So fun to see you posting!