Follow by Email

Tuesday, December 04, 2012

Today I am introducing you to a great friend of mine! Nemo Christmas tree, Disney Tree ornaments, 
Hi Ladies!
Today I'd like to introduce you to a very dear friend of mine: Christina Freeburn.  Chris, and I have been scrapping buddies for almost 12 years.  I have found her to be a honorable, dependable, and compassionate person.  She is also a valued friend, mother, grandmother, and wife. She has been scrapping since before we met, and was once a moderator on a very popular scrapbooking site. Yet even while handling all of those tasks, she has still managed to follow her dream, and become a well known Murder Mystery author! I am in awe of her talents, and time management skills, since I can't seem to clean, and scrap at the same time! LOL
                           
I can remember how excited, and proud we were of her when she published her very first book: "Parental Source, The C.C.D. Series" in 2002, and I'm not ashamed to admit that my personal signed copy is one of my most prized possessions! Below you'll find photo's of it, and other great books she's written, but the best part is she has now combined her scrapbooking talents along with her mystery knowledge, and writing skills to come out with her latest book which includes both of her favorite hobbies writing, and scrapbooking:

Sure to be a great thriller along with it being filled with scrapping terminology that we all know, and love! What a wonderful combination! It's bound to keep every scrapbooker hanging on the edge of their seat, while still letting them enjoy the craft we all love without getting glue on their fingers! Get your copy today, along with her other great works.  Some of her books are also available for kindles! Guaranteed to be an " I can't put it down edition!" Books can be purchased here:  http://henerypress.com/books-humorous-mystery-series-book/cropped-to-death-humorous-mystery-series-ebook/
Below the book covers you'll also find a "Guest Post" from Chris on how she created these beautiful Nemo Christmas tree ornaments using her Cricut.





 Chris Freeburn Guest post:
My Finding Nemo Tree
This year, I added another Christmas tree to our forest. We have a Christmas tree in our living room, the family room, and now in my craft/scrap room. I had intended to decorate it with the handmade ornaments my children (the youngest who is now fifteen) made when they were in elementary school but we spend more time together in the living room so I kept them there.
Now I was left to ponder what would I put on the white four feet tree downstairs. I didn't want to go out and buy new ornaments for the tree. We're cutting down on our holiday spending this year, and I didn't want to use some of the fund for new ornaments.
What to do, what to do. I could wrestle with that question as I cleaned my office and rearranged some areas for the little Christmas tree going up in my office. During my sorting, and finding a home for some new items, I came across the Finding Nemo die cuts I made to use as magnets. I never got around to using them for that purpose but as I held them I realized they'd make perfect ornaments. I had a lamination cartridge for the Xyron.
The more I thought about it, the more I knew a Finding Nemo themed tree is just what we needed. The characters would look wonderful on the white tree. And I was right. My seventeen-year-old now wants to move the tree from the scrap area to her bedroom. For now, it's still in its original home but I wondering how long before it's relocated upstairs.
The Finding Nemo characters were made using the Best of Pixar Cricut cartridge on the five inch setting.





. You can find more  of these photo's on Christina's pinboard here :

Christmas Pinboard
Pin It!

18 comments:

Connie Mercer said...

thanks Penny~ I'll check it out!!!:)

Anonymous said...

It looks like a fun read. I'll check it out--thanks for the heads-up! -Erin

Mary Pat Siehl said...

oh looks awesome!!

Alicia Tonne said...

CROPPED TO DEATH is next on my reading list and I can't wait! Also, is there anyway to post pics of this Finding Nemo tree? I'm intrigued! :)

Stephanie said...

Very cool. I'm hoping to get a Kindle around Christmas time and will definitely add it in to my list!

soapHOUSEmama said...

So great to see a post from you, Penny! Cropped To Death is such a great read :)

Pamela said...

Very cool, I will add her book to my list. :) Thanks for sharing!

Terri said...

Loved, loved, loved Cropped To Death! Congrats, Christina!

Julie said...

A Finding Nemo tree, I love it! I can imagine walking by it and quoting the movie every day :) CROPPED TO DEATH was such a great read! Congratulations Christina!

Julie Gallo
Editorial Intern
Henery Press

Izzy Anderson said...

Looks great!!!

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

Christina, I hope your book release was well received. :) I'm not able to see the pics of your tree. Would love to see them. :)

Penny said...

Lisa, the tree photo's should be showing up at the bottom of the post along with a link to Chris pinboard where they are also posted. Love Penny

Christina Freeburn said...

Thank you so much Penny for letting me guest on your blog. I'm sitting here grinning seeing all these posts. Knowing people have read and love this book means so much to me. And Julie gave me a great idea, I might have to get an 'upgrade' on my Cricut so I can weld words together. I think some quotes on the tree would be awesome! -- Christina

LUCYG said...

Thanks for the heads up, Penny. I'm going to check out this book!

Larissa Reinhart said...

So cute, Christina! You are so talented! Loved this and love seeing your collection of books. I admire you so much.

June said...

Thanks so much for this info...I just put the book on my Christmas wish list...
Also, I posted a thread for the book at www.scrapadilly.com
It definately looks like a fun read and I'll be checking out her other books too...thanks again...

Cricutgirlg said...

Great looking ornaments and I will have to check out the book. I love Murder Mysteries, especially ones that focus on scrapbooking.

Cricutgirlg said...

Great looking ornaments and I will have to check out the book. I love Murder Mysteries, especially ones that focus on scrapbooking.