Follow by Email

Friday, February 22, 2013

Ah.. a new photo challenge is has been posted on the "pea" board today for: SYMMETRY 
So before I grabbed my camera and starting taking photo's I thought I'd better decide what it meant to me in the photography world.  So off I went to the web to look up exactly what they said it meant! 

Here is what I found: 
Symmetry = Explains where bilateral and radial symmetry occurs in nature.  
So that explains a lot...NOT!!! So back to the web I went this time looking just for a pure definition of Symmetry, and 

I found this:
Symmetry - has two meanings. The first is a vague sense of harmonious and beautiful proportion and balance. The second is the exact mathematical "patterned self-similarity" with the rules of a formal system, such as in geometry or physics.
Okay that helps a little bit, but still leaves a lot to be desired. 

Keeping all of this in mind I looked at some of my older photos to see if I could find examples of what I thought it meant, and I found these:
My lovely calla lilies, I am so glad my mom convinced me to plant these!

Another one of my favorite flower's the columbine! I have several colors of these planted in my yard, and they are adorable, and thankfully very easy to grow. They do however require a shady spot, but that just makes me love them all the more.


My daughter, and granddaughter at the festival, enjoying the super high slide. They had a blast and tried to get me up there but there was "no way" I was climbing all those stairs, just for a fun ride! 

The cheer leading team all lined up at the nursing home, giving the residents a much needed break from their everyday routine. They did an amazing job!


These lilies were a great buy one year when we had a local drought, and our neighborhood Lowe's couldn't keep up with watering all their plants. I was able to buy ton's of lilies at a great price, due to that drought. The hardest part was trying to get them all planted before they died, but now every year they bloom, and  I enjoy, so it was all worth it.  I now find myself praying for another drought, about the time roses come up for sale.  :)


Madison posing next to a well weeded landscape, that should be your first clue that it's not my yard! 

Matthew, and Madison's football, and cheer leading team line up to receive their trophy, for another winning season. Three years of being undefeated, what an accomplishment  I like to think it's because of all the cheer leading a couple of us granny's do from the stands, but some how I don't think so.


My attempt at the famous railroad photo shoot.  While it's okay, I'd much rather have people in my shots, and I find the railroad tracks rather a drab accompaniment. So I don't think I'll be doing these very often. 

These are not great examples of Symmerty, but just one's I could find rather quickly using my own photos. Hope this helps you to find symmetry in your own photos. Happy Scrapping, Penny



Pin It!

No comments: