Follow by Email

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Nine Patch Girl's Quilt
When I am not scrapbooking, or taking photo's, I like to try my hand at sewing a little bit. This is a quilt top I made for my soon-to-be granddaughter Olivia.  It's a rainbow nine patch.  It has rows of Yellow, Orange, Red, Pink, Purple, Green, and Blue.

This photo shows the yellow and orange rows. The quilt is 5 block's wide and 7 blocks long. Each of the small squares started out as a 5 inch square.  The white sash was cut at 2 inch strips. It has 35 blocks all together.

 These photo's show the blue and green rows.  These photo's were taken at the local Wal-Mart because the department manager knew I had used mainly their "fat quarters" to make the top, and she wanted to see it.  Some of the character material was purchased at JoAnne's, like the "Scooby" and a few other's.

Since Olivia is soon to be 10, I went ahead and made this top to fit her double size bed.
I wish I would have gotten a better shot of the red, pink and purple rows, but you can get the general idea from these photos. Hope you like it, and make one for yourself, or your own loved one.

Pin It!

4 comments:

Linda Beeson said...

What an amazing quilt! Great project.

Mary Pat Siehl said...

awesoem quilts!

gale said...

These look awesome! I love how bright they are.

soapHOUSEmama said...

WOW!!! These are gorgeous!