Follow by Email

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Flip Flop Wooden box

Today just in time for summer I'm posting about an altered wooden box I made several year's ago while I was working on a kit club's DT.  I just realized that I hadn't posted a photo of it on here since I didn't have a blog at the time, and I thought I'd better remedy that right away!

The box was sent from "Creating With Paper" as part of their wonderful monthly kits along with the paper that I cut up to use as embellishments.  The box came "naked" (shhhh...don't tell anyone) so the first thing I did was paint it all white with the paint that came in the kit.  Next I fussy cut out all of those flip flops, and words to use as the boxes decorations.  It took a while to cut them all out, but the end results were well worth the effort.

After that I played with the arrangement of those accessories putting them in an order I liked before finally gluing them in place. Then it was off to find the Modge Podge for a final coat to help further glue down all those loose edges of the paper, and give the project a nicer over all finish.

The last thing I did was add the flower ribbon which was also from the kit.  I glued, and tacked it on to the boxes outer lid which it fit perfectly.

All in all it was a blast to make, and I love how it turned out! These kit's were a great to get every month, and you could tell that the site owner had spent a lot of time trying to make the kit's supplies very cohesive, and easy to work with.  Thanks again Robin, you did a fantastic job! Happy Scrapping, Love Penny
Pin It!

1 comment:

gale said...

What a cute box. I love all things beach-y so this is right up my alley!