Follow by Email

Monday, July 22, 2013

July photo challenge! - Kaleidoscope
Welcome friends, I'm up today with my take on the Two Peas photo challenge for July! Here is their July Challenge link if you'd like to play along with them. As usual I try to search through my photos, to see what I have already taken that would fit into their current challenge to give you some ideas.

So to start it off I looked up the official dictionary description of the word:
Kaleidoscope - kaleidoscope is a cylinder with mirrors containing loose, colored objects such as beads or pebbles and bits of glass. As the viewer looks into one end, light entering the other creates a colorful pattern, due to the reflection off of the mirrors. Coined in 1817 by Scottish inventor Sir David Brewster,[1] "kaleidoscope" is derived from the Ancient Greek καλός (kalos), "beautiful, beauty",[2] εἶδος (eidos), "that which is seen: form, shape"[3] and σκοπέω (skopeō), "to look to, to examine",[4]hence "observation of beautiful forms." [5]

So if we take this definition truly into consideration what we are really looking for is simply a beautiful shape or form captured in a photo. Okay, I can handle that, so here are some I think fit that call:


 Autumn leaves against a blue sky!


Striped tulips all in a row!
Pin It!

1 comment:

Sue Althouse said...

Those are beautiful photos! Absolutely stunning.