Follow by Email

Monday, October 07, 2013

Happy Best of Friends - Linnie Blooms Designs


Today I am up with another layout featuring the products from Linnie Blooms Designs! 
If you have never heard of them before be sure and check out their website located:
 http://linda-barutha.squarespace.com/shop/ 
I'm sure you'll find their unique items as much fun to work with as I did! For other great projects using their products check out their facebook page located here:
https://www.facebook.com/LinnieBlooms, and their DT blog located here for more inspiration:
http://linnieblooms.blogspot.com/ For even more ideas check out their pinterest page located here: 
http://pinterest.com/lllcreate/linnie-blooms-design-team/

Here is a small sample chart of some of their great products: 
                        
This layout uses their blank banners: 
                                     
To achieve the following look I first spray misted the blank banners, then I dipped just the edges of the banners into the puddles of spray ink, thereby giving the edges a darker appearance than the rest of the banner. 

After the banner pieces dried I took a red sharpie marker, and added the the letters to spell "Happy", and then added the small bling dots, brads, and twine.  I also sewed the top of the banner to my paper with my sewing machine.  I think it turned out pretty cute. 
This layout features my grandchildren Matthew, and Madison exploring their Grandpa's farm a few years ago, they were having a ball running everywhere.


Supplies for this layout include: 
Linnie Blooms Banner blanks
Offray ribbon
Sewing binding (this is what looks like small orange ribbon)
Pattern paper by: 
My Mind's Eye - Antique Dots
Crate Paper
Echo Park - yellow stripe
Cardstock - DCWV - Red, brown, and yellow
DCWV - Washi Tape
Studio G - Title: Best of Friends
Tim Holtz - Distress ink (this was used on the yellow cardstock to tone down the color somewhat)
Explore Brad - Unknown
Large red brad - Unknown
Spare Parts - Smaller brads 
Star, and Tag - unknown
Button and thread - flea market find
Martha Stewart border punch used on the brown cardstock

Till next time Happy Scrapping and be sure and have some fun with Linnie Blooms products of your own! Love Penny






Pin It!

4 comments:

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

Hi Penny! I've missed seeing your work. Such a fun outdoor page. Beautiful work with the banner!

Dictionary said...

What a cute fall layout. Love what you did with the little banner.

Fleursbydesign said...

So pretty, love the banner

Shemaine Smith said...

Cute project!