Follow by Email

Monday, October 21, 2013

Linnie Blooms DT layout - These Early Birds Want French Fries Instead of Worms

 Hello friends today is my first day as a guest designer for Linnie Blooms Designs! I am SO excited to share their new product line! I found it to be amazing fun to work with their products, and it was great getting to color the embellishments the colors "I" wanted them to be instead of having to make my projects based on what color of the embellishments where already! What a major plus that was!


If you have never heard of them before be sure and check them out . I'm sure you'll find their unique items as much fun to work with as I did! For other great projects using their products check out their facebook page located https://www.facebook.com/LinnieBlooms, and their DT blog located here for more inspiration: http://linnieblooms.blogspot.com/ For other fun ideas check out their pinterest page located here: http://pinterest.com/lllcreate/linnie-blooms-design-team/

Here is a sample chart of some of their fantastic products:


They have many more items than I have included in my sample chart so make sure you visit their site and look around! Each of the items I have made my chart from are 100% cotton, and can be used in so many interesting ways, and on SO many different projects including:
scrapbooking, mixed media, clothing smash books, altered art, etc...way too many for me to try and list! 
To give you an idea of their size these items above are placed on a sheet of 12 x 12 paper. 

 For my project I used items number 2 and 3 listed on the above chart. Number 2 being the body of the bird and Number 3 being the wing, which you will also notice is listed as Number 14 since it can also be used as a small leaf. 

I also listed 1 and 10, they are in fact the same item, and it was totally a mistake on my part, but I couldn't retake the photo, as I had already made some neat projects from my samples. I guess I was just having too much fun playing with them to notice earlier! 





I used these water color pencils to color my bird with, along with a fine point black pen just to make the image around the bird's eye a little sharper. 

I used my photo's as a guide for the markings on my bird, but you can use whatever best matches your own project, or layout. I also used a small water spritzing bottle to help the watercolors blend more smoothly. 

Word of caution here however is to not make the material "too" wet when adding the black colors or it will bleed too much onto the rest of your colors, and you will have to start over! (Don't ask me how I know! ) 

So after some trial, and error, I found out it was easier to add the main colors first, and then go back, and add the black details.

Another trick I learned while making this project was to spray your pencil point with water instead of your fabric when you needed just a little bit of more color when I didn't need the added water on the rest of my fabric shape.  It worked like a charm.

 Here is a close up of my finished bird, which I used on the layout.

 I knew right away what project, and photo's I was going to use with this cute bird shape! The photo's are of my grandchildren Matthew and Madison.  They love going to the McDonald's playground, and eating their lunch, but the only problem with that is they love feeding their lunch to the birds that come, and beg there, more than eating the food themselves! 

The top right photo was taken on a day they were out in the yard digging up worms, and the rest of the photo's were taken at the McDonald's playground. 

The journaling reads: 

Matthew and Madison feed the birds at McDonald's french fries every time we go there.  The birds have learned to beg all of the children who come to the playground for them. No worms for these early birds! 2006

Supplies for this layout are:

Linnie Blooms Canvas Birds
Linnie Blooms Canvas Leaves
MME pattern paper - Antique Dots and Lost and Found
Bird print pattern paper -    unknown
Brown brads  -  Spare Parts
Black Cardstock - DCWV
Staedtler Watercolor pencils
Fine point black pen
Black Alphabet Stickers  - Making Memories
Small water spritzing bottle
glue stick or adhesive of your choice

I hope I have inspired you to give these products, and technique's a chance, and be sure and check out the rest of the DT's projects they are all amazingly talented, and the site is updated daily!  Till next time Happy Scrapping!  Love Penny

Pin It!

No comments: