Follow by Email

Sunday, June 01, 2014

Beautiful Boy

Today I am up with another post featuring the great products of Linnie Blooms! 

This layout features my grandson Matthew, what an angelic face for such a handful of a boy! It also features some of my favorite paper ever made by My Mind's Eye. Yes, it's some of their REALLY old paper from the Kaleidoscope collection, but I have it stashed up, and only use it for my very favorite photo's, and before you ask: Sorry, no you can't have what I have left of it! 
 (If you are interested in seeing more/better My Mind's Eye layouts you can check out their Pinterest boards My Mind's Eye , or their Facebook page located Here and from there you can see their blog. )

 For other great projects using Linnie Blooms products check out their facebook page located https://www.facebook.com/LinnieBlooms, and their DT blog located here for more inspiration: http://linnieblooms.blogspot.com/ For other fun ideas check out their pinterest page located here: http://pinterest.com/lllcreate/linnie-blooms-design-team/

On this layout I used the Linnie Blooms item marked number # 9, or #12 depending on how you look at the sample.  I like to show the samples pointed in both directions so that you can see that it can be used as either an "Arrow", or a "House" shape depending on how you'd like it to appear on your layout! Super cool, and easy to use!~

For the title lettering I used chipboard letter's I think they were from K & Co., but I added the bling to them just to give them some added "pop".  The ribbon at the top of each word was also added, along with a couple of brads. (Yes, I REALLY do use brad's on EVERY single layout I make!) 

For my Linnie Blooms "Arrow" sample number #12, I first dyed it, then I took a sharpie marker and outlined it to match my layout.  I love the fact that you can change these embellishments to match the color's or theme of your layouts! I hate having to search, and search for just the "right" color's of pre-made embellishments! 

The glitter strip at the top of the layout is actually glitter tape, lot's of bling with no mess! YES! 
To make his name at the bottom I used letter stickers.  Easy and fun! I think this layout also deserves to be called a "Dollar Stretcher" layout as it was very easy, and cost effective to make.  
This is a close up of the Linnie Blooms "Arrow" after it was dyed, and a sharpie was used around the outer edges of the arrow shape! 
Supplies for this layout include: 
My Mind's Eye - Kaleidoscope pattern paper
K & Co. - chip board letters
Studio G - Glitter tape, and bling
Brads
White cardstock
Blue Dye
Ribbon
Green Sharpie Marker
Kodak Picture Maker
Mrs. Elizabeth's - letter stickers
Glue
Foam hearts - unknown
Till next time "Happy Scrappin" Love Penny

Pin It!

3 comments:

Connie Mercer said...

super cute page penny!!!!

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

Wonderful boy page, Penny! So glad you're back at blogging. :)

Tracy said...

Your layout is so so sweet.
Love the colours and of course that wonderful photo.
I like that you added marker around the arrow, great idea.