Follow by Email

Tuesday, November 04, 2014

Boy's Photo shoot

Update: I later found out that the reason my focus was so bad in these shots is that my camera battery was going bad at the time, and I didn't know it! Live and Learn!
So as promised today we will start with the photo's I took of the boy's a couple of days ago. I find them a lot harder to work with as most of the time all they really want to do it get the photo's over with so they can go back to what they were doing previously. 


Here we have Jack who like most boy's wanted away from the camera as fast as possible, but he did give it his best shot. These probably would have been better but I'm afraid my focus was not fast enough to really catch how fast they were moving.


 I try not to get these forced smile shots , but I think he was more interested in showing off his new green braces than he was in getting his picture taken!


 I did like this shot some what however but I was not crazy about his lower body position.  I could have edited it out but I wanted everyone to see that not every photo has to be perfect for you to still like it.


 I did however like the black, and white version a little better however.


Same shot in sepia tones which were just a little too dark.


While I liked this shot I'm afraid it they didn't hold this pose long enough for me to get it in focus better. I do love Matthew's shirt in this photo though, and their genuine smiles.


 Same pose in black, and white and I do love the tree bark texture in this format.


 Now onto Matthew's photos..


These two shots as well were more my fault than they were the boys fault.  I didn't spend enough time focusing the camera in an effort to get some shots in before they had to leave. Live and learn..


I do like this head shot, but his head was tilted just a little too far back for a good photo.


Same shot in black and white. I'm still loving the tree texture, 


and now in Sepia tones.


This shot was taken as he tried to climb the tree, but mainly because he was wearing MY shoes, and I wanted a photo of it! My how fast they grow!


Another tree climbing shot that unfortunately didn't turn out too well!


 While I thought this shot was cute it looked more like a forest "mug shot" than a truly exceptional photo!


Needless to say today's post seems to be more about how NOT to take a photo instead of how to improve on your photos.  Oh well, there is always next week, and if nothing else that is what I want you to take away from this post.  With digital photography being so easy, and cheap there is no reason not to try, and try again until you LOVE the results.  Happy Scrapping! Love Penny
Pin It!

No comments: