Follow by Email

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

My Mind's Eye - Family Roots - Heritage layout - Frugal scrapbooking 


This layout features my great-grandmother on my mother's side of the family, and her mother. Sorry the photo is not of better quality. The lady seated on the right is Ida (McCampbell) Hughes-Whittenburg. She was my great-grandmother. She was married twice. Once to a Hughes man, and then to George Whittenburg. She died from we think Alzheimer's disease, and pneumonia. She had several children: Paul, Bruce, Grace, Kate, and Nancy. Nancy was the only one who was a Whittenburg, and she was my grandmother. The woman on her left is Ida's mother who was Amanda M McCampbell.Born in 1845.

George William Whittenburg came from a town in Germany by the name of Whittenburg. He was a a ventriloquist on a steamboat when they met. He also worked on the railroad, and fought in the Spanish - American War. He died of cancer of the stomach. George, and Ida are both buried at Rocky Spring's Cemetery.  So much for my family history, let's get back to scrapbooking!

The pattern paper's, photo frame, and the title block were all made by "My Mind's Eye".  I love how the ladies sitting on the porch remind me of how the bird's on the pattern paper are perched on the branch!

The flowers on the title are from "Prima".  The tree shape is from a punch from "Paper Shapers". I then added glitter glue to the punched out tree form.  The flower's in the lower left were made with "McGill Perfect Petals" punches, and a purchased flower I think from "Prima".  The center of the flower was made using a "Martha Stewart" starburst punch.  The circle punch is from "McGill" also.  The buttons are from my massive button collection! (Yes, I love buttons!)

The journaling block (I will fill this out later as my handwriting is horrible) is unknown, but it maybe from "My Mind's Eye" as well.  The sticker on the bottom of the block that say's "treasure" is from I think "Making Memories".  I hand cut the banner on the top left.  The clock face is from a pair of earrings (frugal tip) that I took apart. The ribbon is from "Offray".  Glitter glue was made by "Studio G". The brads are from "Studio G", and "Spare Parts". I hope I have inspired you to do a little family research yourself!
 Til next time Happy Scrapping! Love Penny
Pin It!

No comments: