Follow by Email

Thursday, November 20, 2014

My Mind's Eye - Timeless Treasure - Heritage Layout, Frugal Scrapbooking 


Another heritage layout! This one also features pattern paper by "My Mind's Eye". I love their paper, and I decided it was time I started using it instead of just fondling it! :) I also think the journaling block may have been made by them but, I am not sure about that.  The lady in this photo is my Great-grandmother on my grandfather's side. Her name was Tennessee Smith, she married Robert Henson, and had my grandfather Reed. I'm guessing this photo was taken sometime around 1920, or 30's.  She lived on "Hoiser Mill" row in Bridgeport, AL. She is buired on Sand Mountain, AL., somewhere in a family plot. I would love to vist her grave one day.

The metal studs, and the ribbon holder on this page were cut off of a ladies belt. The flower's on the lower left are from a "wallie" or a wallpaper cut out, and those are my frugal tips for you today! The photo mat was a light pink cardstock that I distressed with Tim Holtz ink after I tore the edges.  The lace doily was also ink distressed, and was made by Wilton cake, and wedding supplies. The ribbon trim is unknown as I have had it forever, and it came from my sewing supplies.

The title is from "Hot Off The Press" and has been in my stash for about 14 years, so never give up on finding a use for those older supplies! The sticker on the left hand side in the shape of a book is by "Crafty Secrets Heartwarming" sticker sheet. The green bling is from Studio G. The photo corners are unknown, but I think they came from Dollar Tree.

I will fill in the journaling block later as my handwriting is terrible! Till next time Happy Scrapping! Love Penny
Pin It!

No comments: