Follow by Email

Monday, March 02, 2015

Cabbage Stew - Crockpot

 It's what's for dinner

This is one of my all time favorite soup/stews! Yummy! 
1/2 to 1 whole head of chopped cabbage
1 bag baby carrots
2 packages of Keilbasa sausage cut into about 1 inch slices.
4-6 potatoes cut into med. size pieces
1 large onion
3-4 cups of water
Seasoning to your taste, but I usually use:
1 Tablespoon parsley
1 tsp Italian seasoning
just a few shakes of:
Celery seeds
Rosemary
Oregano
Pepper
and after it's cooked add some salt, otherwise the potatoes will soak up all 

the salt while it cooks.
I usually cook it on high for about 5 hours in my crock pot, or until the onion's,

cabbage, and potatoes are soft.
This would be a great dish to take to a crop party! Till next time 
Happy Scrapping!
Love Penny
P.S. If you are looking for more crock pot recipes' check out my Pinterest crock 
pot page located Here or another fun facebook page for crock pot user's 
Here
Pin It!

No comments: