Follow by Email

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Cricut Owl Bedtime Layout

This is a layout I did for a friend of mine's baby album.  It's not very fancy, but it was fun to do. The title, moon, star's and owl were all made using my Cricut cutting machine. IT was a blast to make, and cut. Below you will see a close up version of the owl. The photo mat was distressed with ink, and is really a baby shower invitation that had a fancy edge on it, so I turned it over, and used it as a photo mat.  That is my frugal tip for you today on this layout. 

For the owl I added google eye's to the eye's just to make him more fun to look at.
I also added glitter to the owl, title, moon, and star's. My only tip about using glitter
glue is that you need to use extra glue to hold the pieces down afterward's as they
tend to curl up after the glitter dries. In this photo you can see that the middle part
of the owl's yellow feather's are starting to peel up.  When this happen's to me I
use my Exacto type knife, and scrape some glue from my glue stick, and apply it
to those small area's with my knife. It's much easier that way than to try, and pry
it up in order to glue it. Then I hold it in place for a few second's till it dries.  It
make take several attempts to finally get it to lay flat. Easy as pie!

Supplies for this layout include:
Cricut Cutting machine
Cricut cartridge
Google eye's
DCWV - cardstock in orange, brown, yellow.
Pattern Paper - Unknown
Fabric Trim - Unknown
Stickers - Mrs. Elizabeth (Dollar Tree Brand)
Studio G - Glitter glue
Elmer's Glue
Spare Part's Brads
Sequin's - Unknown
Clothing studs - Unknown
Tim Holtz - Distress Ink
Baby Shower invitation - Unknown
Well till next time happy Scrapping! Love Penny

Pin It!

No comments: