Follow by Email

Sunday, October 30, 2016

How to Make Your Own Shabby Chic Flowers

DIY Shabby Chic Fabric Flowers



Good morning crafters today I am up with some DIY flowers that my granddaughter, and I made. Most of them used the same technique. Basically just sewing a gathering stitch in lace, and gluing them on top of each other. For the center of our flower's we used earrings, charms, buttons, silk flowers, and bead center's that we learned how to make by watching this video. Beaded center for DIY flowers ,  You will notice the center of the blue flower is missing the center bead.  When I took this photo it was still a work in progress. 


Here are lot's more samples of the flowers we made over the weekend.


It really didn't cost us anything since I already had beads, and lace already on hand.


These flowers would also work for little girls headbands, and other projects. 


Here is what the first layer of lace looks like before the second layer is attached.  You can either glue the second layer on, or sew it on, both ways work great, 


Each flower has a different look depending on what lace you use. 


Here is a spider flower I made for a Halloween project. For the bottom portion of it, I used a little girls hair bow.


So the next time you are feeling crafty, or frugal give these flowers a try. 


Till next time Happy Scrapping. Love Penny 
Pin It!

1 comment:

Dana Tatar said...

Beautiful flowers! I love the beaded flower centers.