Follow by Email

Friday, October 21, 2016

Shabby Chic Halloween Spider Flower with ScraPerfect

Witches Brew Layout, and Shabby Chic Halloween Spider Flower

 
Good morning crafter's Penny here with two small Halloween projects for you today! First up is this pre-made Halloween layout.  I had a photo in mind when I started making this layout, but could not find it so I went ahead, and made the layout, and will put the photo on later. The photo shows my niece Angel stirring Halloween candy in an old cast iron cauldron.  Perfect for this layout, and title. 


So to start it off I used some jack-o-lantern pattern paper, then I added the washi tape strips. 


The title was a painted wooden title I picked up at Micheal's Craft. store. I wanted to add the bling gems to the title however so I headed for my Best Glue Ever by ScraPerfect . 


This glue will hold using the tiniest of dots of glue.  Even those photographed here are too big for these bling dots. 


Here I have them all added, and you can clearly see I should have used less glue. With this product using less is better than with other glue products. 



I found these really cute witches cauldron's that are made of foam, but I wanted to dress them up with these bling embellishments. 


So this is what my cauldron looked liked after I glued my bling in place. The glue that is showing white right now, will dry clear, so no worries if you have some on the outside of your bling dots. It will however remain tacky, so I used the Perfect Crafting Pouch and just lightly dabbed it over any excess glue that was showing after it dried. After that the excess glue will no longer be tacky. This tacky feature however is great if you want to make your own glue dots, or you want your items to be repositionable.  


So after gluing my title, cauldron, and extra pattern paper in place this is how it was looking so far. 


Next I made this cute little tag, with some string, stickers, washi tape, and of course more bling. 


More cute pattern paper accents, the tag, and the cute little skeleton cameo, and a bow added to the title area. 


So this was my finished layout.  In this layout I used wood, foam, fabric cording, plastic, and paper, while still only using ONE glue.  I love that fact, and it saves me a ton of money since I don't have to buy a bunch of different glues for each product type. 


Now on to my version of a frugal "Shabby Chic Halloween Spider". My spider was made using some eyelet lace, and old black, and white earring, and my granddaughter's hair bow (sorry Madison, I forgot to tell you where it went) and two purple google eyes. 


First I took about 12 inches of eyelet lace, and gathered it into a circle by sewing it with some loose gathering hand stitching. Then I glued the black and white earring on as a face using ScraPerfect Best Glue Ever .

                                        


Next I attached the googly eyes with the same glue, then glued everything down on top of the black hair bow.


Again, I loved the fact that I didn't have to change glue every time I changed the materials. This glue will glue fabric, metal, paper, plastic, etc..It's great !  I love how my spider turned out.  Till next time Happy Scrapping! Love Penny 

Pin It!

No comments: