Follow by Email

Sunday, January 15, 2017

What is the Best Way to Store Ink Pads?

Good Morning crafter's Penny here today to show you what I think is the best way to store ink pads.

So here are some of my favorite ink pads. Sadly, the lids do not stay on very well, especially since I like to store my pads upside down in a plastic box. Since I rumble thorough it regularly. it causes my ink to dry out when the lid's come off. These ink pads start out a little on the dry side any way, just because of the distress ink nature. So I had to think of something, and it was driving me crazy. (Those who know me, know this was a short drive) So first of all I started putting a hair tie around the base, and the lid to help keep the lid tightly in place. This helped a lot, and I was happy with the results. However, I then noticed that I never had a cosmetic pad handy that matched that ink pad's color. I was always picking up the wrong pad, and mixing my colors up. Not so much fun when you are almost done with a layout, and you have added the wrong color to it.


So then is when I realized that a cosmetic pad would slide under the ink pad bottom, and the hair tie. Perfect! Now when I reach for an ink pad, I have a tight lid, and the correct matching cosmetic pad as well. I hope this helps some of you combat your ink storage problems as well. Till next time "Happy Scrapping". Love Penny 
Pin It!

5 comments:

LisaM said...

Great idea! TFS!

Meraj Zaidi said...

Thanks for sharing such helpful tip :) BL

Shelly K. Hein-Simmons said...

Very cool idea!!

Bev Code said...

great idea.. thanks for sharing.. BL

BrendaB said...

What a great idea! Now to go get some hair ties! BL