Follow by Email

Sunday, February 26, 2017

How to Update a Layout You Are Not Totally Satisfied With.

Hello crew, Penny here today to show you how to update a layout that you are not totally satisfied with.
This is my layout AFTER I did some work on it. 

I made this layout earlier in Jan. for Robin's Nest Scrapbooking Store, but something about it even after I thought I was finished with it, just didn't seem quite right to me. Here is what the layout looked like BEFORE I started working on it again, picture below. 


While it was nice, there was just something about it that was driving me crazy. Here is my original post as well so you can read all about their lovely products. I'm absolutely in love with the King of Hearts. I would pick up the layout, look at it, and then put it back down. I bet I did this 10 times, or more before finally doing something else to it.. 

So after doing this for about a month, ScraPerfect's Blog had a February-layout-challenge to use the color's Red, Black, White, and Grey.  Well this layout came to my mind immediately since it was still driving me crazy. So I went to work on it.  The first thing I did was turn the playing card upside down. So I gently pried it up, and turned it the right direction. The ribbon ends on the card were supposed to be on the left side of the page to begin with, but I didn't notice that I had it turned the card in the wrong direction until I had glued it in place the first time. So not wanting to damage it that close to being finished with it, I left it there. 



                                     

Thankfully ScraPerfect's Best Glue Ever. let me peel it up, since it's both a permanent glue, and a re-positional glue. 



Then I started adding some more embellishments, a little washi tape, and the words "handsome, and boy". I also added some more of Robin's Nest Dew-Drops-Originals to the center of the flowers. Things were looking better already.



I've got to say I like both versions of this layout, but I love the updated one just a little more. (at least I don't pick it up, and stare at it anymore.)


I hope this inspires you to do a challenge, and perhaps update a layout that is bugging you as well. Till next time Happy Scrapping. Love Penny
Pin It!

No comments: