Follow by Email

Tuesday, March 07, 2017

How to Scrapbook Those Fabulous Antique Photos

Hello, Penny here today to show you how to scrapbook those fabulous antique photos. This is a photo of my mother as a child. She was barely walking at the time, and had her pants on backwards! Nevertheless she told my grandmother: "Take me picture!" Adorable, and I love the little hat she is wearing as well.. So it's photo's like this that are treasured in every family, so taking care of them is priceless, and you want to use the best possible products on these heritage photo's, and  layouts.


I started my project with some wonderful paper's from Robin's Nest Scrapbooking

Saffron-Diamond-Cardstock Side A I started with this side,

Saffron-Diamond-Cardstock-Side B - but I also used the other side as well on this layout. I love how they are already color matched front to back so you can easily mix, and match your patterns.


Loves-Me-Cardstock-Side B - I love both sides of this paper, but I used side B on this layout.


Loves-Me-Cardstock-side A - I recently used part of this paper for a title for another layout. All of their paper papers are so easy to work with, and many are double sided like this sheet.


Brown-Rope-Glitter-Cardstock - This paper is fabulous in person. The glitter pattern printed on the paper is done in a lace like pattern. Very beautiful.

Dew-Drops-Originals - Of course no layout is complete without the lovely dew drops, pictured below are several styles of them. Loads of fun to use. .


Here is a close up of some dew drops in place.


To make the title on this page, I used my Cricut machine to cut out the word "Family" out of thin chipboard  from a cereal box. Next I added homemade gesso to the cut out, then some brown ink on top of that, and then finally some glitter glaze. I like how it turned out, and the glitter really shines in real life.


Below are more dew drops glued in place on top of a wedding invitation holder.



To glue them there I used The Best Glue Ever from ScraPerfect.

The best tool for perfect placement of these little dew drops is the
Embellie Gellie from ScraPerfect the more I use this little jewel of a tool, the more I love it.


Of course I added other stickers, ribbon, washi tape, some pre-printed cards, but I love how this layout turned out, and what is more important for me is my mom liked it.


Hope you had fun today following along, and until next time Happy Scrapping  Love Penny P.S. If you'd like to see a totally different spin on these paper's be sure, and check out this Romantic Layout
Pin It!

No comments: