Follow by Email

Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Learn How to be Frugal With Your Crafting Supplies

Good morning crafters Penny here to help you to learn how to be frugal with your crafting supplies.


Since I don't live near a scrapbook store, often I try to find frugal way's to scrapbook, or craft with whatever I already have on hand.These are all the front display sheets to the pattern paper packs I buy. For this project I would normally only use these embellishments on cards, but in a pinch, or if I really needed a matching accent I might use one of these on a scrapbook page.  I just would make sure it didn't touch my photo's, because I am not sure of the acid level of these embellishments.  

Above are some of the 12 x 12 pattern papers, and solid color cardstock packaging covers, prior to me cutting them apart. The great thing about using these is that they already match the paper you have on hand, since you bought the paper inside the packaging to start with. 


Here I have some of them cut apart, but I still have plenty to go. 


These are a bunch of embellishments made from just the cover of several packs of cardstocks, or paper packs. As you can see I made banners, word cut outs, card squares, photo corners, etc.. Most of the time these would have been thrown away when the cardstock pack was all used up.  I don't like to waste things, or add to the land fill, plus I am a frugal scrapper, so I made all of these card embellishments from those covers. I think there were probably at least 6 cover's to begin with, and I ended up with over 100 cut out embellishments.. 


As you can see I am going to end up with a ton of card, or other craft project accessories basically for free, just for the time it took me to cut them apart. Give this a try yourself the next time you find yourself crafting!  If you still don't want to craft with them yourself , then cut them apart and give them to your kid's, or grandchildren to craft with, or a local school. They will be thrilled to get them! . Till next time Happy Scrapping, Love Penny
Pin It!

No comments: