Follow by Email

Sunday, May 21, 2017

How to Make Scrapbook Wedding Layouts on a Budget

Penny here, I have a lot of friends who know I scrapbook, and often I am asked to make pre-made wedding layouts, and albums on a budget. So here are a few of my tips.  Often I buy my supplies in bulk, or I'll make make my own embellishments. I buy quality products that can be used sparingly, and will work on many different items.  I also love finding unusual items from around the house to use on my pages. This page combines all of those techniques.



So here are some of the supplies I started with. First off let me apologize for not getting a clearer photo of the pattern paper that was used as my layout's background. It is too close to the white poster board color to really show up properly. I won't make that mistake again, I hope. .


So included in these supplies, were some pre-printed sheets that came from a wedding invitation kit. I LOVE buying these kits. They normally have gorgeous high quality paper, and for the most part they are acid free, and I can usually get them at Goodwill, Flea markets, or other places at a fraction of a cost of the kit in a paper, wedding, or stationary store.


For photo mats I used just some black cardstock, this will normally show wedding photos really well no matter what colors the wedding photos incorporated.


For the flowers on this project I used some of my DIY flower embellishments that I make using punches, brads, etc. Super easy, pretty, and can be made to match all of your wedding's colors. For more instructions on how to do this go here to see DIY flower post
To glue these flower's together prior to adding the brad, I use ScraPerfect's Best Glue Ever


It's great for holding all those pieces of the flower's together until I can add the brad. I use it for all of my scrapbooking needs, and for many other uses around the house. My favorite product by far to help me save money because it will glue so many different types of materials, and it doesn't require me to use a lot of it in order to hold my items in place. Definitely one of my most used, and high quality products. 



Now for the Flea market find item:  You'll notice that it already has holes in it that will fit small brads.


This used to be part of a women's belt. You can go to this link to see what the belt looked like before I took it apart. Women's Belt. That is my frugal tip for you today! Below you can see it attached to my layout. I think I ended up with like 30 medallions for the price of one used belt. I normally pay $1.00 - 2.00 for these belts. What a bargain, compared to scrapbook embellishment prices where just one of these small metal embellishments would cost me about $1.00. . 


Here is my final completed layout. I also used some stickers, brads, gems, and an arrow punch.


I hope you had fun following along today, come back soon, and I'll show you how I made the matching page! Till next time Happy Scrapping! Love Penny 
Pin It!

No comments: