Follow by Email

Tuesday, June 20, 2017

One Fine Day Layout, and How to Tint Paper Flowers

Good morning crew, Penny here with my "One Fine Day" layout, and to show you how to tint paper flowers. This is my is my finished layout with my hand tinted flowers. 

So I started with some beautiful supplies from Robin's Nest Scrapbook Supplies.  I have listed them for you with links to each one so they are easy for you to find.

Brown-Glitter-Cardstock - This is lovely to look at but this photo doesn't show all the lovely glitter on it.


Forest-Trees-Specialty-Paper Side A - This is a hammered paper, with beautiful texture.


Side B -  I used side B on my project. which is a lovely gold color.

Doillie-Die-Cuts - I used two different colors of these lovely doilies on my project.  They are adorable.

Saffron-Flower-Die-Cuts - These are the flower die cuts that I hand tinted.





Rosy-Cards - These great cards were used in two ways, one for my title, and the other one as a page accent.


This was the accent piece.


Flame-Dew-Drops - This link takes you to the color I used, but this photos shows you the many colors and styles that are available.



Embellie Gellie - This is the perfect way to place any type of tiny item on a page, or anywhere for that matter. They are a perfect fit with the Robin's Nest Dew Drops. 



ScraPerfect's Best Glue Ever - This glue is amazing to work with, and it glues so many different product types, like metal, plastic, fabric, paper, etc.


So to hand tint my flowers, I used a watercolor marker where ever I wanted my flowers to be darker. Then I took a wet Q-tip , (you could also use a tiny paint brush with water on it) and went around the area's I had just colored with a marker. It works best if you do one petal at a time so the marker doesn't have time to dry.


I did several flowers in this manner. 



Here is one placed on my layout, with another small flower on top of it with a pop dot, and a Dew Drop center. 


 Another sample on the layout.



Final sample.

Here is my finished layout with all the flowers in place. 


I hope I have inspired you to have fun altering your die cuts. Till nest time Happy Scrapping. Love Penny




Pin It!

3 comments:

Lorre-Anne Archibald said...

Fab layout, and I love the flowers x

Katie Lamb said...

Gorgeous scrapbook page

Inky Kitty said...

Lovely Layout. Gemx